1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey: go to work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by OTMax, Feb 10, 2016.

1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Alright Daryl, this is it, you've seen we are capable and it's amazing how we were in this game to begin with. So many players on this team cannot even hit a simple shot. You know how crazy good we would be with a Scola and a Lee to just simply hit that open shot from midrange, close or 3? Outside of Harden and Ariza, we got nothing. MT can get hot so at least keep him. Beverley bring some hustle and usually his 3pt shot is on, but lately forcing them. Other than that, I'd say: make a move son. We have potential. If we play with effort and get some players who are at least decent on defense and can just hit a simple mid-range shot, we're good to go.

I feel very positive after tonight, the most I've felt since our little winning streak a while back, because I have hope. I can see what we can do with 3-4 solid players and the rest of the team stinking the place up against one of the BEST TEAMS IN NBA HISTORY ;) Seriously though, we would win if we had just one big men who could hit his FTs and have a decent mid-rang game and another wing off the bench who could defend and hit the three. We just have too many players with negative effect every single game: Ty, TJ, Brewer, Beverley & MT as well, Jet & Capela though I forgive the old and the young, but the others should just be better.

So please Morey, at least try to trade Howard and at least 1 out of TJ, Ty and Brewer and maybe Jet, MT or Beverley for the right deal. See how people feel about Capela and D-Mo too. Just get 2 decent players and I think we're at least on our way.

2. CK Johnson

CK Johnson Member

3. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Rudy Gay!!!!

4. rocketsmetalspd

Let's see what Morey can come up with and what other teams on in the trading mode. Can't see how knowing that Howard will bolt for the max at the end of the season doesn't factor in to what Morey does next Thursday.

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I don't even care any more.

I'm so desperate for another guy that can just create his own shot at this point.

6. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Whoever we get can't be ghost on defense either.

7. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

No thanks, we need high IQ and defense focused players BADLY right now. We scored 110 points tonight, we lost because of our lack of defensesive consistency.

Conley
    Lee
    Allen
    George Hill
    Tucker
    Dudley
    Gibson
    Holiday

Let's focus one players like that. Its our only hope.

8. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Gibson might be one to look at with Butler going down for multiple weeks.

Tucker is also interesting to me.

Hopefully we don't balk on a move.

9. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I'm starting to agree with this.

If we can't get kd just put smart high IQ players around harden.

Harden wants to be the man and he shows when engaged that he's on curry and lebron level he can power us to we're we need to go. He just needs what curry has and that's smart players who make the right choices all the time and can hit open shots when open.

Harden got those guys open shots in the 4th we just couldn't covert. If we get guys who can hit the shot or make smart plays and get it back to harden for open looks late in the clock this team will take off.

Mchale said it tonight harden had a bad Injury over the summer and took time to get in shape plus he banged his knee bad in preseason and had to take it easy.

He's in form and according to tnt broadcast he just has a January taht only leborn Jordan and bird have ever played.

We take dude for granted I still can't believe we got ppl around here that want him gone or would choose howard over harden for the future? Crazy talk.

Harden can be the best player on a championship team. We just need a championship quality role players around him.

Get Horford and some quality role players and go to work. Harden will get it done I really believe that.

10. YallMean

YallMean Member

This team is more than one trade away from being good again. Much more. I don't know how you see hope. We were blown outta oracle at the 4th. Even the sixers could hang with them.

11. anchel

anchel Member

We recieve 42 points int he 1st quarter, we are currently the 25th team at defensive rating. We can keep talking about lack of scoring.

12. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

But yet the Spurs/ Cavs got blown out from the jump.

13. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

GS didnt bring their A game against the 76ers. They did against us and we held them close for 85% of the game.

14. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

McHale said he got injured (with a sprained ankle that was not reported so it clearly was not a grade 3 sprain), and also said that he came in overweight. You somehow presume those are related, whereas I would say they are mutually exclusive based on performance. How should we find out who is correct?

15. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

Why trade anyone? We are 85% of the way there maaaaaaan

16. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Because that 15% is defense, locker room, clutch scoring that we don't have on the roster.

17. YaoMing#1

YaoMing#1 Member

I say there related because if you listen to mchale tonight he said harden sprained his ankle causing him to come into camp out of shape. He also banged his knee and had to take it easy in training camp.

How can we assume they arnt mutually exclusive?

Usually when you hurt your self and can't train you tend to get out of shape common fact.

I mean harden usually plays a lot of basketball in the summer it's common knowlege. I'd say it's pretty likely that the sprained ankle had somthing to do with him being out of shape.

18. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

So who do you blame for that? A coach who was fired?

19. DonKnock

DonKnock Member

Morey

20. HadToDoItCF

HadToDoItCF Member

You just presented a litany of Internet facts that have no base in reality. Homie said out loud he didn't pick up a ball this summer and has looked lethargic all year long. What is common knowledge? I think it was Hubie Brown who went to Harden in college and said he needs to get a motor in order to get great. What has changed?