1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[SI] Dream #16 all time

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by lnchan, Feb 9, 2016.

1. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Looks like SI has their own list. Merge if already posted...

2. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

3. conquistador#11

at 16? what a joke.

kobe bryant and lebron james could not carry a team to a championship the way dream did. Hakeem did things as a center that guards dream about, it's why they all seek hakeem's aura. I'm sure if dream was a laker he'd be #3 or #4 though.

4. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Not sure i agree with all those ahead of dream. What he did in 94 was special, not one other all star talent on his team and he still took them all the way. You can't say that about many of those guys ahead of him. Most always had a solid #2 guy that was allstar/hall of fame caliber including Jordan.

In 94, none of the other 4 starters were close to being all star type players. Kenny smith was a role player. Vernon Maxwell was a streaky shooter and again purely role player. Otis Thorpe was the work horse hustle and rebound type guy, no way hes close to anyone that can be relied upon as a 2nd option. Robert horry was still very young and even at his prime was purely a role player known for making clutch shots.

5. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

To add, they put Shaq ahead of Hakeem. He's always had a legit #2 all star player with him. Penny, Kobe and then Dwade.

6. ibm

ibm Member

i counted at least 8 players that shouldnt be ahead of hakeem imo.

7. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Nonsense.

8. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

#1 on their list is probably Curry.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Hakeem is easy Top 7-8 if he played for a media darling team like the Lakers.

10. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I loved seeing Moses Malone at 14 but was shocked to see him ahead of Dream and Shaq.

Personally I think Dream should be higher, but it's not as if the top 15 are not great players. There is no question in my mind that Shaq was better than Kobe.

11. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

It's probably tough putting together lists like these. I could see Hakeem in the mid teens, but then don't see some of the guys ahead of him making sense.

The Walton ranking might be the dumbest of them all. I don't care how amazing a career he might have had. He has 468 games played, the last 90 of which weren't that great in any way, and the four years before that (another 169 games) were definitely very very solid, but not blowing you away. Not sure he's even a top 50 player, much less #32.

And Dirk seems underrated... but that's par for the course for him. And I'm of course not even a Mavs fan, but he's as responsible for the changing style of PF play offensively as basically any player, is the best shooting prolific scoring big man ever, and wasn't as bad defensively as it is in vogue to make him out to be... though he certainly wasn't great there. He's also the best player on a team to win a championship with not a lot of other really great players... which counts for something in my book, especially if you consider they took out the "Big 3" of the Heat, and also ended Phil Jackson's coaching career that year. And had a headscratcher of a first Finals where you can make the argument that some things didn't seem on the up and up with the reffing that series. So I do sound like a Dirk fan now, ha, which I'm not other than recognizing greatness.

Scottie Pippen at #23 is ridiculous.

Kobe is way overranked.

12. crash5179

crash5179 Contributing Member

I agree with your points about both Kobe and Quitton. Quitton would not make my top 50.

13. Von Rafer

Von Rafer Member

His description for LeBron says enough.
    As Jalen Rose says, positions were made for people who don't understand the game. Even without that, the 2 and 3 are basically the same thing.
    He's the same player regardless, he's LeBron.

14. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

The Dream-one of the most underrated players ever.

15. onreego

onreego Member

Nah that's ESPN. They already have a 5-for-5 discussion going on whether or not he's one of the greatest. Walt Frazier in there saying dude doesn't even play D. lol

16. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

What a bunch of horse ****! **** sports illustrated. I'm canceling my subscription. Dream is, at worst, number 2 all time. **** them and their uneducated asses.

17. s3ts

s3ts Member

SI is always hating on the Rockets.

18. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Absolute BUL****

I don't know why you guys keep giving hits to these hack writers

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Dream would be above both Mo and Shaq for me.

DD

20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

That list is a crack pot...