1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA Play-In Tournament action live ...

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How to tell when harden is about to brick a 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dankstronaut, Nov 30, 2015.

1. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

First off he dares the ref to call 8 seconds on him.

Then he dances for 14 of the available 16 seconds left and?

Just kidding laser pass to the ultra elite 3 pt shooting wings of Brewer and Ariza for a buzzer beater.

Laugh, don't laugh, care, don't care....this happens in this exact sequence at least once a quarter.

Does not count as offense. Does not produce offense. What is?

2. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Great thread.

Would read again.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

The dude doesn't understand the concept of making the quick move before the defense sets. It's as if he wants the defense to set to make it tougher on himself. He's a damn idiot.

1 person likes this.
  4. J.R.

J.R. Member

No one loves "massaging" the ball for 22 of the 24 seconds than James Harden.

Dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble, dribble
    a) pass to teammate with 2 seconds left to launch desperation three, sometimes make, sometimes miss
    b) take desperation three himself, sometimes make, sometimes miss
    c) turnover

5. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

He did that all the time before this year. This year he has become so lazy that he can't even be arsed to play with tempo.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Basically turning into Steve Francis.

7. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Its as if he's playing his own mind game with the shot clock, head scratching.

8. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

This is right in point

Why does he do this you ask?

No one knows why

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dribble dribble dribble dribble

Bail out pass or brick

10. gumbleton3

gumbleton3 Member

I would like to know how many of his assists are bail out shots at the end of the shot clock.

11. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

I'm right about the 8 seconds thing. The regularity of him barely making half court is unprofessional at best.

12. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

13. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Ummmmmm!!

But he is sick. He had to get intravenous fluids after last nights game.

aka.........

party with Jay Z & P Diddy last night.

1 person likes this.
  14. ksny15

ksny15 Member

So should we expect a harden thread every game now?

Koooool

15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Look, I'll never be cool enough for Clutchfan regulars, something you boners make perfectly clear from the jump. I've accepted that.

But are you smarty pants commentary folk really going to tell me that the half court thing isn't a real thing?

Taking 1/3 of the available time to lolly gag over the stripe is a real problem and it happens quite often. Just notice for me how often it happens and tell me it doesn't lead to lazy shots, turnovers. You know, let's discuss some basketball....or let's be super cool.

If he wants to barely make it to the offensive half of the court....PASS THE BALL TO THE 4 GUYS WHO RAN THERE. Leave Harden to walk up the court just in time for a terrible 3 if that's what it comes to. Otherwise, play 4 on 5 until he gets it or let him pout on the bench.

16. OpenLayup-Why3?

This team got me excited for the first time late in 3rd, when they started skipping Haren and just pass to whoever is running.

17. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

It's cool enough for me, and your point is well taken. I don't know if he just doesn't listen to coaching anymore, or if the coaching is brain dead, but our offensive strategy only has a chance to work if you attack early and often.

fchowd compared how he's playing to Steve Francis, and that's sadly kind of accurate. Franchise wasn't as good at getting to the line, of course, and he didn't have the same hot streaks, but he dribbled the damn hell out of the ball. (But then he also played with a consistent fire in his belly, FWIW.)

18. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

Indeed, I noticed one possession in particular where Harden stood right at the free throw line and demanded the ball.

Flippin hard to run an offense AROUND a guy who is standing on prime territory. Not moving. Demanding the ball. Gets it. Holds it. Says something to the defender. Shoots it. Clangs it.

The best one was where they were down by 20 and he hits his first 3 of the night in the 4th quarter and the ball wasn't even all the way through the net before all the hand signs started up like he's got some kind of deaf tourettes.

Bro you're losing to the Pistons by 20, just made your first shot and you have more signs than points. Get it. Just get it man.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

d) flop and hope refs bails him out

20. IndoRockets

IndoRockets Member

Even as a teammate, you have to be ready for Harden passing to you with 1 second left remaining.

There was one sequence last night when Harden just dribble thousands of times in the same place just to pass to Lawson in the very very last second. Luckily Lawson hit the contested 3, but I would hate that as a teammate!