1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Coach Mario Elie: Return of the Jedi

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by BreakYoSelfFool, Nov 18, 2015.

?

Would Mario Elie be a Good Rockets Head Coach?

1. Yes

7 vote(s)
    36.8%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    63.2%
  1. BreakYoSelfFool

Mario Elie has been an assistant coach for over 10 years, but never had a chance as a Head coach. He has three championship rings, 2 with the Rockets one with the Spurs, A Houston Legend with family in Houston. Played, Won a Championship and coached under Gregg Popovich, the best active coach and one of the best coaches ever. He was a defensive stopper, the junkyard dog, and had the fitting playground nickname "Jedi." He has the championship mentality that the Rockets need. I feel he should be the Rockets next head coach.

Added bonus: Hiring him would be an excuse to show the Kiss of Death hundreds of times

2. OpenLayup-Why3?

3. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

love mario as our top candidate, and have been posting this for quite some time. he is a disciplinarian and at the same time will command respect and attention from the players.

and as i understand it, he was the inspiration for clutch creating this site as well, so it could not be more fitting than to have him back leading the team

4. jxl92182

jxl92182 Member

Why don't we bring in Ralph Sampson while we at it.

How about Calvin Murphy?

5. bmd

bmd Member

I like Mario, but I don't want the Rockets to hire a first-time head coach. Sometimes it works out... but most of the time it doesn't.

I'd rather they hire someone with a proven track record in the league.

6. ibm

ibm Member

for all you naysayers out there,,,

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

7. BreakYoSelfFool

Current coaches with championship track record:

1 Doc Rivers Boston Celtics 2007-08

1 Rick Carlisle Dallas Mavericks 2010-11

1 Steve Kerr (First time Head Coach) Golden State Warriors 2014-15

5 Gregg Popovich (First time Head Coach) San Antonio Spurs 1998-99, 2002-03, 2004-05, 2006-07, 2013-14

2 Erik Spoelstra First Time Head Coach) Miami Heat 2011-12, 2012-13

Out of the current active coaches with championships 80% of the championships are from first time coaches. Phil Jackson also won 6 championships with his first NBA head coaching job.

MYTH BUSTED!!!!!