1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I Don't Know, Maaaaan...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Almu, Nov 13, 2015.

1. Almu

Almu Contributing Member

This team...I don't know...something is missing.

I don't know what it is. Its like...when I watch the team play...they look choppy. Like when you try to play a video game with 2016 graphics on a 2007 Xbox. When they run the floor, they are smooth as silk. But halfcourt basketball looks so disjointed, so off, so just...I don't know, man.

I know last year the team was great and they made the WCF and all that. But even last year, they just didn't look right. Like the parts don't fit or the game is all 3 pointers with few post ups. Its really hard to describe what I see but it just doesn't look right.

Is the coach? Don't know. Because they did make it to the WCF and have improved every year. Is it the players? I personally think Harden is overrated a tad but you can't argue the numbers so I will just be quiet on him. Howard isn't consistently dominant like 5 years ago but he is still good enough to have an advantage almost every night at his position.

There is...SOMETHING...I don't know what it is. But I see it when I watch the games. Its just not a fluid looking team. We all know they depend on that 3 ball way too much.

My biggest fear is that we are going to allow time to go by and next thing you know, prime years have been wasted and here we go again...rebuilding. Francis couldn't take us to the promise land. Neither could Yao and McGrady. Now we have Howard and Harden...time goes by pretty fast. Rockets have been SO BLESSED to have superstar after superstar after superstar land on their laps. Francis, Yao, T-Mac, Harden, Howard...how many other franchises can say they have superstars of that level year after year on the team?

I just don't wanna blow this open window that closes every day more and more.

Just don't feel right for some reason. So hard to describe.

2. bmd

bmd Member

They are missing a PF.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do you still think this team is better without Josh Smith?

4. bmd

bmd Member

Josh Smith being on the team meant 3 capable PFs.

With one PF injured, there is now only 1 PF. So Josh Smith provided depth.

But if both Motiejunas and Jones are healthy, and Lawson decides to be more aggressive, I think this team would be better without Smith.

Although right now, I would prefer Smith to Jones because Jones has just been so bad.

5. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

this team has to constantly grind out for points and scramble heavily for stops. nothing comes easy. wide scoring droughts and defensive lapses almost every single game. it's likely the offensive and defensive systems being executed, and their improper match to our personnel.

6. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

Just to paraphrase, no.

7. vonwafer

vonwafer Member

This team is missing a head coach with a brain

8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I think they will be fine. The losses have been bad but it's early. If we lose games like this after Christmas, then we should worry. Ty and James are having growing pains with Dwight only playing occasionally. I look forward to this team getting some chemistry with donatas and Terrence and rolling to a 2-4 seed.

9. chandlerbang21

Get a damn rebound

10. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

It is NOT the PF, it is Lawson and Harden, they don't fit, same as Lin and Harden, one ball, both need it, both suck at defense and effort on that end.

Lawson needs to go back to the bench and Bev start....and Harden is not a good passer, sorry, but if your Assist to turnover is under 2-1 you are NOT a good passer...his passes are so FRICKEN lazy and slow....just annoying.

This team is broken and our coach has no idea how to change it and the team is not listening to him anymore.

GREAT!

DD

11. el_locoteee

el_locoteee Member

It happen with Josh Smith also.
    People forgot how he was a disaster as a starter but fit great from the bench.

Lawson is like learning to play basketball again.
    Coming from the bench I think is the better option right now.

12. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

I'm one of Jones' biggest critics, but he's actually playing really well tonight and we're still losing.

13. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

MilkHair doesnt have anything to do with the success we had so far. Absolutely nothing. Better yet he costs us at least 4-5 games throughtout a regular season

14. rocketsmetalspd

The decline of the PF position was when the Rockets cut Scola.

15. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

We are not getting good enough production out of either forward position, or from the point guard. Ariza still plays ok defense, but his offense is bad right now. Brewer has barely had any positive stretches of games, much less good games. The small ball lineups definitely don't work since they aren't hitting shots at an even average % while their rebounding and defense is sub par.

They clearly don't know what to do with Lawson. There is no plan to get him going. Why bring this guy to the team and just through him out there as a guy who stands around watching Harden go at it like he's some d-league scrub? Bring him off the bench at least. Give him the keys with the second unit just get something out of him.

I am afraid the coaching is not good enough. Injuries are playing a role in this, but the team is just not responding. There were little hints last year that the players might be tuning McHale out (you could tell some guys on the team rolled their eyes when he told them about his championship teams in Boston). The tell is how lousy they play *after* a break with some practices under their belt.

16. DaDakota

So frustrating.

DD

17. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

One more McHale apologist finally realizing coaching has been pathetic. Better late than never. Speaks a lot about your basketball IQ or lack thereof.

But yes players do not respect McHale as a coach. They "like" playing for him because he lets them do whatever the **** they want.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Westbrook and Durant both need the ball and they're doing fine starting together. Look at the coaching staff.

19. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

exactly

20. DaDakota

Not even remotely true, Westbrook yes, but Durant can play catch and shoot doesn't need to get his off the bounce.

Harden and Lawson both need to bounce the ball to get going....

They don't fit.

DD