1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Best/worst

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Joe Joe, Dec 17, 1999.

1. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

1)What is the best trade in rockets history?

2)the worst?

3)What is the rockets all-time best starting 5?

4)Who are the biggest duds?

5)Best 3 picks?

6)worst 3

My answers. I can't remember much before 1990.

1. Francis deal. It falls in the rockets favor now. Or is it the Clyde deal? Clyde provided the pop that lead to the second championship.

2. This is the hard one. If you think of acquiring Pippen and trading him as one deal it isn't too bad. The whole experience is bad. A little help here. I can't remember much before 1990. Revoking Horry for elliot was also a bad decision. I think trading Willis is the worst.

C Hakeem
    PF Sampson (I was a wee lad back then and only remember great things from the twin tower days)
    SF Horry? I can't remember anyone better during my days of watching.
    SG Drexler, the ring
    PG Stevie Francis. Cassell is second.

4. Buck Johnson, Eric Riley (could have had Van Exel instead), Walt "everyone's favorite wizard" Williams

5. Mobley(production vs pick is high), cassell, Hakeem

6 Rhodes, anyone drafted between Hakeem and Horry-can't remember too many names but remember disappointment.

2. Finalfantasy

Finalfantasy Member

This thread might become controversial, let me fasten my seat belt for a rough ride.

3. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

1) The trade for Moses Malone. I'm too lazy to look up the particulars because they don't really matter. 2) Jack Marin for Elvin Hayes bar none. 3) Hakeem, Calvin, Rudy, Lucas, Moses. I know, I'm cheating with both Mo and Hakeem. 4) Sampson. This is based on expectation level. Nobody could have lived up to his hype coming out of college. He didn't! 5) Hakeem, Elvin, Rudy or Calvin, flip a coin. 6) Chievous, Jamerson, Buck Johnson, Steve Harris, take your pick.

4. AntiSonic

AntiSonic Member

1) Clyde for Otis
    2) Hayes for ______
    3) C) Olajuwon
    PF) Barkley
    SF) Tomjanovich
    SG) Drexler
    PG) Francis
    4) $cottie Quitten, Brent Price(injury a major factor though)
    5) Olajuwon, Mobley, Cassell
    6) McCray(with Clyde still on the table), Chievous, Terrell Bell

------------------
    WE WILL WATCH THEM FALL.

5. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

Grummett,

Nice to see a little history. I have only seen video of most of your players listed. I choose only to list players that I have seen a lot of.

Chevious? Sounds familiar. Can someone refresh my memory on who he is

[This message has been edited by Joe Joe (edited December 17, 1999).]

6. grummett

grummett Contributing Member

Thanks, Joe Joe. I'm old enough to have seen the Rockets play in Hofheinz Pavilion. My father was a VP in one of the former Rockets owner's organization and they couldn't give NBA tickets away in those days. I got to see a ton of games when I was in high school. Those were GREAT days.

7. Chievous, DEREK.

I believe this was the kid who claimed he would be a star, also saying how no one could defend his shots.