1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Love Another Classic McHale Post Game Shows

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by glynch, Oct 7, 2015.

1. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Another classic interview with McHale. I'm not sure how to describe his style. Droll? Garrison Keelerish. Rudy T ish. Understated. Only the straight man showed up. Aw shucks I'm just a fan having a beer at the Ice House or having a vodka in my water bottle after watching the game.

I really look forward to these shows and find them hysterical fro some reason.

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Didn't see the post game interview but I did see McHale's pathetic play calling down the stretch. Pre-season or not, this will be our downfall unless Harden goes super human

3. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

^ One preseason game...

That's all it took

4. hakeemthagreat

I said this in another thread and the consensus from everyone was "youre overreacting, we don't need plays".

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Yeah and GSW cruised past everyone on their way to the title by just rolling the ball out there and playing harder.

6. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

lmao. so good.

7. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Yeah man, the Rox totally had HCA, won possibly the best division in all sports, 3rd best record in franchise history, overcame a ridiculous amount of injuries in the regular season and playoffs, dismantled Dallas and came back from a 3-1 deficit and reached the WCF...

...by playing harder

8. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Coming from someone who believes Mchale is the worst coach out of all the contending teams, judging his 'play calling' from preseason game 1 is stupid.

9. ooooaaaah!

ooooaaaah! Member

Van Gundy didn't know what to do with Josh Smith, Smith comes to Houston and he looks the best he ever has. McHale is such a bad coach :rolleyes:

10. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

He's a players coach. His one redeeming quality as a coach is that players like playing for him. However, he is absolute **** when it comes to formulating an efficient and dynamic offense.

11. deshen

deshen Member

yes, after half season in rockets uniform, Josh Smith decided to join other team for less money.

12. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Poor comment. Smith didn't join a different team because he didn't like the Rockets or McHale, he did it because he was guaranteed more minutes.

13. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Please don't feed the trolls.

14. Newlin

Newlin Member

Basketball is back, and everyone should be happy. But already trolls are hard at work trying to make this an unhappy and angry place. Every message board have a few of these people. Day after day they play their little game of trying to cause upheaval. I think they must be very unhappy people to always want to crap on other people and stir up trouble. :(

2 people like this.
  15. deshen

deshen Member

I assume coaches distribute those minutes?

16. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I wonder if the arm-chair coaches here considered the personnel that were on the floor in last night's game.

Or maybe the "type" of last-nights game. Hint: it starts with "P". Not even "Regular Season".
    You're experimenting and learning, not trying to win-above-all.

17. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He is really funny after the losses. He literally melts at the podium and his answers are cringe worthy.

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

Put all on ignore and you won't be bothered as much ;)

19. Rudyball

Rudyball Contributing Member

He is funny. Always looking up or away when he starts discussing the game, etc, interrupts his own thoughts about this or that part of the game, throws out cliches' you could say about every game

20. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually the broken play where dekker shot the 3 off the rebound in corner was a great play drawn to begin with. KJ got a wide open 3 in the corner, he just missed it.