1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

As someone who is not a close follower of baseball

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by fchowd0311, Oct 6, 2015.

1. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Can someone who follows baseball closely tell me where Correa's talent ranks relative to the NBA? As in is a Lebron level generational talent or is that too much?

2. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

Anthony Davis perhaps?

3. awc713

awc713 Member

I'll go with Wiggins, but it's all semantics. IIRC, it was Pujols who said Correa would be the best hitter in baseball by 2017.

As Josh Smith would say, his ceiling is through the roof.

4. rezdawg

rezdawg Contributing Member

Hard to say, but if you threw every MLB player into a draft and had teams select them, he'd be taken between pick #1 and pick #3.

5. Major

Major Member

Did he really? Seems odd for anyone who's a teammate of Mike Trout to say something like that.

6. awc713

awc713 Member

Good catch. It was Big Papi.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">David Ortiz yesterday: “By 2017, the best player in baseball will be [Carlos] Correa. Great hitter.” <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Astros?src=hash">#Astros</a></p>&mdash; Pete Abraham (@PeteAbe) <a href="https://twitter.com/PeteAbe/status/640918323698528256">September 7, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

7. Rockets Pride

Rockets Pride Member

Just shut up with the Basketball talk

8. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

If we're comparing to b-ball he's Durant. If we're comparing football he's Andrew Luck

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

LeBron or Davis are valid comparisons. Correa is showing the ability to do anything on a diamond like those NBAers can do on the court. Postseason means alot too. Carlos (and the rest of the Stros) have a chance to really prove themselves this month. Whatever they do good or bad might not be indicative of their entire playoff careers, but it is a start. Biggio and Bagwell were beyond disappointing on the biggest stage. Our young guys have a chance write new positive history.

Didn't Scioscia say Los could be better than Trout?

10. moonnumack

moonnumack Contributing Member

I don't think LeBron comparison is accurate as he is a once-in-a-generation talent who will go down as Top 10 or 5 player all-time by the time he's done.
    Anthony Davis is more appropriate in that he has great talent at a premier position that is flourishing at a young age. Should be Top 5 player in league for a long time.

11. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

No soup for you!

12. Harden2Capela

Harden2Capela Member

Mike Trout is the Lebron of baseball, i dont see correa with that kind of potential, because correa dont steal bases like trout can

i would say correa is similar to a chris paul type of talent

13. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'd say rookie Anthony Davis. He has all the tools, just hoping he can put it all together. Once you see what he's capable of, you expect him to become the best player in the league in a few years. There's still a few guys ahead of him for now, though. LeBron (Trout), Durant (Harper), and a few pitchers. I guess the pitchers can be Harden and Curry lol.

14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

how about Keuchel?

15. Ricksmith

Ricksmith Contributing Member

I'm not sure why, but I'd go with Paul Pierce. Maybe it's because neither one of them looks like they will dominate their opponents, but they're very good at what they do. Very crafty and use their abilities to their full potential.

16. boozle222

boozle222 Contributing Member

How about drunk Conger?

17. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

I'm not really a follower of baseball either. I noticed that Grantland picked Francisco Lindor over Correa for AL Rookie of the Year. So I guess Correa is not the clear cut favorite for it?

18. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

Either Lindor or Correa would be a worthy winner.

19. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

I'd actually use the Magic Johnson comparison for Correa... In that what he's doing at such a young age is somewhat unprecedented, along with the fact that he already is one of the team leaders and seems completely unphased in playing on the biggest of stages.

Anyways, no more basketball talk.

20. TesseracT

TesseracT Member

Ty La...

sorry thats getting old