1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Periscope] The Dwight Howard Show

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RV6, Sep 29, 2015.

1. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

No one has made a thread dedicate to this? :confused:

https://www.periscope.tv/DwightHoward

JR, Paging JR....

We're going to need transcripts :grin:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pGSBpFU4aNA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#1 RV6, Sep 29, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 29, 2015
  2. J.R.

J.R. Member

Sorry, I don't periscope or facespace or mybook or chatsnap or anything else. Only twitter.

Anyways, Dwight was stuck in Houston traffic and hopes you all have a great day.

3. bmd

bmd Member

I've been watching them.

He's been getting on Periscope for like the past couple weeks every other day or so talking to the fans.

Cool of him to do that.

4. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I was only kidding, anyway. You'd overheat trying to process everything he says. :p

We need you in good shape to start the season!

5. OlajuwonFan81

OlajuwonFan81 Member

Yea I peeped his show during football games on sunday. He was pretty much what I expected. Nice dude with a good sense of humor.

6. AnHero

AnHero Member

It rustles my jim jams to no other that he does it whilst driving.

I guess he thinks he is too big to get hurt in a wreck.

7. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Cute little dog.

8. Madmanmetz

Madmanmetz Member
    Supporting Member

It's too bad a huge chunk of the NBA (fans, media) has bought the lie that Howard is a jerk.

I wasn't against getting him here but I was worried about that back. I think should be his best season as a Rocket since we have a true PG. Those free throws though :rolleyes:

9. marky :)

marky :) Member

WTH is periscope?

10. bmd

bmd Member

Its an app on your phone and someone can broadcast live video from their phone to the world and other people can post messages in real time.

Watch the video. Dwight broadcasts live during the day and you and everyone else can ask questions or make comments and he's reading them and responding.

11. marky :)

marky :) Member

Sounds like a good app for live pr0n

12. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Is periscope a thing you use on twitter or if it its own thing?

13. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

It is it's own thing.

To the poster above, very strict rules on anything sexual related.

14. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I'm not sure if people understand how this works...the videos disappear like a day or two later. You can check out the link I posted in the OP and see the latest video. He posted one this morning before practice.

I can't imagine they're going to let him continue this for too long, at least not inside the locker room. I'm sure they notice he's on periscope most of the time, but it's just a matter of time before the camera catches something it shouldn't.

Nothing too crazy today, mostly Dwight talking, while getting stretched out. They do mention Qyntel Woods being "bad(ass)" and they talk about how players don't work out because of the system sometimes.

Dwight also mentions how TA was called Bambi in orlando, in his younger days....that one time the wind was blowing really hard and it started picking up TA. :grin:

15. bmd

bmd Member

I got a program that can download the videos off of Periscope so that they can be uploaded to Youtube.

I did it with one video but just a few hours after I uploaded it Youtube took the audio off and said there was some kind of copyright claim. I was like wow... that quickly?

I mean, who would have made a copyright claim? The artist of one of the songs he was playing in his car?

16. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

If it's the one i saw, IIRC, it mentioned music, so that's what i assumed

It's probably Daryl trying to make sure nothing gets leaked lol

17. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Gave a quick hello to Clutchfans today..

He said he didn't apologize to Kobe for the elbows, but he regrets doing it and shouldn't be reacting like that.

He also said someone told him that Coach looked like this guy lol

[​IMG]

18. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Howard said his brother passed away, anyone else catch this? I was thinking maybe he didn't mean literally, but a close friend, since no one has reported it...but he said it twice. He said he'll likely miss the fan fest to attend the funeral this weekend.

19. bmd

bmd Member

I heard him say that too but like you said there isn't any information on it.

20. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Yeah I thought it was bizarre. He didn't seem all that sad about it either. My guess is that he didn't really talk to him that much to begin with.