1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Morey is a genius

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by freddyg956, Jul 3, 2015.

1. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Look at what's going on around the league.
    Teams losing key pieces, crazy signings. Jordan, splitter, aminu, etc... 3 teams have done nothing. Warriors just retain green, Memphis signed Wright and us just waiting.
    While teams are scrambling waiting on Aldridge and signing lucrative deals we have lost nothing and made the wcf.
    No need to rush, we will have a great roster, very close to what got us there but better. I trust Morey and being patient is good. That's how you get trades on the cheap then work over the cap to retain Brew,Bev,Smoove.
    Stay patient guys.

2. Nils

Nils Member

We'll see how smart he looks....at some point, he's gonna alienate his own FAs by treating them second to EVERY STAR THAT'S A FREE AGENT, every single year. I know that he has a good idea by adding LMA to the Rockets, but at what cost? He still hasn't gotten them a decent point guard(three years now), but instead goes after a guy who plays at one of our positions of strength. At this point, the writing must be on the wall that Aldridge is not coming here. Time to get Brewer and Smoove back, while trading for a PG that can score and distribute(George Hill, Lawson, anyone??) If Deron Williams gets bought out, he'd be great too. I hope that DM isn't shooting himself in the foot again.....our team was 3 games from playing for the trophy. This team isn't broken, and just needs a tweak at PG.

3. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Last year it cost us Chandler but he had a plan and it was written losing Chandler(Trevor). I'm sure he has a plan and has talked to our free agents. Why would brewer go to NY when he was already losing in Minny, money? Well we can work over the cap and pay equal value and win. Same for Bev and Smith.
    I'm sure he had a trade ready to go if we strike on LMA. Darren Collison? Rodney Stuckey? Still there's options, no need to panic.

4. bmd

bmd Member

Center was also a position of strength when Morey went after Dwight Howard. It made the team better.

5. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

Fixed sorry on my phone

6. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

This year is nothing to compare with what's going to happen next year...

7. BossHogg713

BossHogg713 Member

*Insert Leslie Alexander Laugh***

8. Exiled

Exiled Member

Actually we lost by not upgrading the PG position and chasing unneeded FAs

9. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I think you're referring to last year free agency. We had Patrick , but he got hurt.
    Just trust me we will have a good pg tandem by the start of season.

10. pass_to_Hakeem

and if HOU doesn't sign LMarcus and lose Smith & Brewer and/ or Beverly? Are we better then?

11. gogispade

gogispade Member

Its all in flexibility.. :rolleyes:

12. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

We're not losing them, if any it'd be Brew and Dekker is the replacement.

13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Holy crap just noticed Aminu signed with the Blazers...

14. tdo

tdo Member

If Houston doesn't sign Bosh, and loses Parsons, Asik, and Lin are we better then?

15. hakeemthagreat

Do you work for Daryl Morey's PR team?

16. pass_to_Hakeem

Houston didn't sign Bosh and lost Parsons/Lin & Asik and got considerable better by adding Ariza/Brewer & Smith. I'll even throw in Terry even tho he was a liability once moved to starting pg..

"If" we lost Smith & Brewer or Smith & Bev are we better now? Dekker is a rookie and unproven yet!!! Prigs & Terry are too old!!

17. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

We should know Morey by now. He doesn't make dumb decisions and just sign anyone for the sake of signing them. He is a master at trades and great contracts. We will have a better team by the start of the season.

18. hakeemthagreat

Decker's Brewer's replacement now? Is he gonna play d & hit big shots in the playoffs? Is he gonna lead the league in fastbreak
    points?

19. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

I wish I did because I'd be making money but I'm broke.
    But in all honesty he doesn't make dumb signings that hurt the team.

20. freddyg956

freddyg956 Member

If Brew jets, yeah he is. Is he capable? Why not? He's got the skills and is way younger. No one thought Parsons would be good right?