1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

MELO HAS BEEN USED AND PLAYED, says Stephen A Smith

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Carl Herrera, Jun 26, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

2. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Used? How? Everyone and their mother knew he was signing back on with a rebuilding team. He said it himself, he wanted the money and NY.

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Melo and a future 1st rounder for Montrezl Harrell?

4. rocketblaze

rocketblaze Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/ZGV-IeGBQSM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

1 person likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

NY has been suffering because of Melo.

The only ones used and played has been Knicks fans.

I hope Phil tears Melo a new one and then ships him out to us for a second rounder.

We could use him off the bench to give Harden 5-10 minutes rest during the regular season.

1 person likes this.
  6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Stephen sounded like a clown, forced me to find my remote and change the channel so I didn't have to hear any more of that "rant".

Knicks aren't in win now mode, you shouldn't be mad at your team for drafting a project if they feel like he's going to be the better player, you should be mad they didn't trade the pick for a vet, drafting a lesser player who is more ready to "contribute now" isn't the answer.

Knicks only have Melo, Calderon and a few rookie contracts on the books, this off season is their chance to make it right, their chance to put immediate talent around Anthony.

They need to go hard after some winners and hard workers, make smart moves.

Gasol, Aldridge, Butler, Jordan, Milsap, Dragic, Asik, Middleton etc

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Lol naw.

Melo could have played for the Bulls or Rockets this past season. He chose his bed.

8. Giant9erRocket

Giant9erRocket Hakeem Olajuwon Status

Trade Melo and their 2016 1st round pick for Dwight Howard and our 2016 1st round pick?

9. Pen15clubber

Pen15clubber Member

eww that would be awful

10. Nook

Nook Member

Anthony made it clear when he resigned with NY... He doesn't care about winning.

11. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Totally agree with his rant.

Phil Jackson promised one thing, but did something totally different and then showed up on TV sounding incredibly unsure about his decision.

The decision was even more confusing when you consider that an excellent NBA-ready defensive SF in Justise Winslow was available and would fit in nicely next to Carmelo.

Of course, none of this is a knock on Porzingis. He has all the makings of a solid player, but he simply won't reach that level for a couple of years.

Win-now means win-now. Morey would get absolutely shredded for pulling that $hit.

#11 shastarocket, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 26, 2015
  12. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

This is a ridiculous rant.

They also said Giannis would be 4 years away from being just NBA ready and he is one of the top 20 most valuable assets in the league now.

Porzingis was best available player, Knicks can't even be happy with the strategy of taking the best player available.

13. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

If Carmelo thought the Knicks had a great short-term future then he deserves whatever suffering he gets.

He stayed for his woman's sake, and the factors making it a positive situation for her won't change.

14. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

Melo has absolutely crippled that franchise with his massive salary and unwillingness to play on the other side of the court. He knew how bad the Knicks were when he re-signed. I don't feel even the least bit bad for him. Besides, the Knicks still have massive cap space AND there is no guarantee they even keep Porzingis. There are plenty of teams who would find Porzingis attractive in a trade.

Off the top of my head I wonder if the Sixers would be willing to trade Nerlens Noel for Porzingis now that they have both Embiid and Jahlil Okafor on their roster. I also seem to recall hearing that the Magic were interested in Porzingis. Maybe they'd trade Vucecic for him? I definitely think there are deals that could be made that center around Porzingis as an asset if winning now is truly Jackson's priority.

15. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

That trade would ensure that the Knicks would have a worse first rounder than us, so essentially you'd be making them better in the present AND in the future while totally crippling the Rockets? Are you a Knicks fan or something?

16. WhoMikeJames

WhoMikeJames Contributing Member

Melo knew what he was getting into when he chose NYK over CHI.. come on now. all about dat $$$

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Did you even read what Phil Jackson was saying? Ever since he's been hired, the dude has been stuck on forcing the triangle offense and shifting into "win now" mode. What that means is being willing to sacrifice possible future success for more certain immediate success.

Drafting a guy like Porzingis is the absolute opposite of that!

Your point about Giannis makes no sense either. Being a "top 20 asset" doesn't mean a lot today. Brandon Knight and Khris Middleton contributed much more to the Bucks' success this season than he did.

Bottom line, you have to understand the background of where these Knicks fans are coming from and what the expectations are.

18. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Negative, he willingly signed that contract and passed on teams in much better situations. That was just as dumb as a decision then as it is now. That is if winning was/is his priority.

I've always liked Melo, but I'm going to go ahead and book him as washed up. An unmotivated underachiever on a nothing team. Prove me wrong Melo.

19. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

Stephen A doesn't like Euro players (or white or asian for that matter)

He kisses the a** and slobbers the knob the likes of Floyd Mayweather for a living. LOL

20. hoopster325

hoopster325 Member

Even Mudiay would have been a long-term pick.

The only player whose skill set would immediately be an impact on the court would be Cauley-Stein, who projects to be Chris Anderson 2.0. Jackson is smart enough to know that the #4 pick is where you pick a foundational piece.