1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who else would you have rather lost to?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RudyT43, May 28, 2015.

1. RudyT43

RudyT43 Member

No one. Portland last year left a bitter taste in our mouths because we knew we underperformed. The Warriors outplayed us and it is evident in how everyone is not freaking out about the loss.

It's respectable to lose a worthy adversary, and this is hopefully the start of a killer rivalry.

2. photojoe

photojoe Member

Portland left a bitter taste not just because we underperformed but also because of the way it ended.

Please, no one post that 0.9 second gif. I get upset everytime I see that.

3. MONON

MONON Member

If I had to lose, I'd rather lost in the NBA finals. WCF is a close 2nd.

4. IslandB.O.I.

IslandB.O.I. Member

The Cavs. In the NBA Finals.

5. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The city of Cleveland in the NBA Finals.
    Glad we beat Dallas and a Los Angeles based team though :)

6. egr281

egr281 Member

Im just glad we didn't lose to those flopping panzies in LA. My hate for them is on another level compared to the rest

7. MONON

MONON Member

If I had to lose, I'd rather lost in the NBA finals. WCF is a close 2nd.

8. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

NEVER FORGET!!! let that **** burn so it never happens again. Remember this **** forever!

[​IMG]

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

As much as I don't really like the Warriors, we lost to the best team in the league. Just wish we took one more game from them though. I actually think losing in the Finals to Cleveland would've been worse. I don't see how Cleveland is a better team than us. Whoever won the West was going to win it all.

That said, I hope and pray LeBron makes it 6 straight Finals appearences next season, and we finally get over the hump and eliminate LBJ and drop his record to... what would it be... Possbily 2-5 if they lose this year? Lol

10. LG1200

LG1200 Member

probably the Spurs. even if they are an in-state or division rival, i have so much respect for them and they don't have a single player that i absolutely dislike. grizzlies would probably be 2nd.

11. dragician

dragician Member

ok to lose to number 1.

12. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Im ok with losing to any team, regardless of ranking. What gets me is losing because of sloppy game play. Game 4 was well executed and it looked as if we were playing as a team. Most of the other games seemed like certain players didnt have their head in the game.

13. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

Cavs because I actually like LeBron and Kyrie, and their fanbase hasn't had a whole lot to cheer for in a long time. I hate the media slurpage and new bandwagoners of GS. 2nd would be Grizzlies, although that would hurt since I think we're better than them. I'm gllad we beat the Clippers and Mavericks. Would also hate to lose to the Spurs. Their fans are annoying.

14. malakas

malakas Member

Noone except the Spurs. At least losing to the defending Champions or the favourite ( for me eventual) champions in Golden state.

I would be ashamed if Houston beat GSW and lost in the Finals to Cleaveland. It would be the most bitter way to finish. And embarassing. Because the Rockets are a much better team than the Cavs.

15. OremLK

OremLK Member

Would have been better to make it to the finals no doubt, but I think GSW is a better team than Cleveland and I think they will be the NBA champions.

16. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Rockets over achieved this season. I am happy they got out of the 1st round to WCF. I will be even happier if the Cavs beat the Warriors.

17. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Arguably, we lost to the only team clearly superior to the Rockets in the NBA....and without two starters.

Only the most biased haters, and there are many on this forum, would consider that a failure.

18. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

We lost to the team with easily the best record in the league, a team that not only had the MVP and quality players at every starting position, but a very deep bench, as well. We played them close in two of our losses, games we could have won with a break here and there, pulled off a decisive win, and all with 2 starters in suits. The topper? We played them in the Western Conference Finals, an outstanding accomplishment, especially considering that we came out of easily the toughest division in the league, and managed the second seed in easily the toughest conference. The Rockets had a great season, folks. Sure, none of us like how it ended, but the franchise took a huge step in the right direction.

We lost to the right team. No confusion from where I sit.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

If we have to lose and there is no way about it, Cavs easily. I thought that too