1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm 25 and the Rocket just gave me the best season since I was 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CCorn, May 27, 2015.

1. CCorn

CCorn Member

I remember the championship years. I was 5/6 and I remember my father going crazy.

But for the majority of my life, the rockets hadn't done ****. And this year we were close, and I expect them to improve.

I'm proud of this team. After years of watching us get the 9th seed, we have steadily improved and gotten this close.

I believe in morey. I believe in Harden. I'm proud that they gave me this pride this season.

I will never root for another team. I'm born and raised in Houston, and hope
    To never leave. Soon this team will give me a championship and it will feel ****ing amazing.

The future is bright, 4 years ago did we envision (the year I joined clutchfans watching brad miller ruin games) this team being here?

Houston we have ****ing lift off.

MorningZippo, Game7, topfive and 10 others like this.
  2. Rox11

Rox11 Member

Well said, i just think Harden needs to mature and we also need some of Gs luck! AGHH if we had dmo!

3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Still proud. I believe.

1 person likes this.
  4. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I'm really grateful​ for the amazing season they gave us! Best season as a team since Charles Barkley wore the pajamas and Harden gave us the best individual season since Hakeem Olajuwon​. Sure, Harden was dreadful in game 5, but let's not forget he's only 25 years old. He has a lot of room to improve still, and that's super exciting!

I hope they can pick up some point guard depth in the offseason and then just get healthy next year. If they had been healthy this year they'd have easily won 60+ games. I'm excited to see us next year. Motiejunas, Jones, Capela, Mcdaniels and Johnson are all very young and you can bet at least a few of them will be a lot better next season!

This is a really exciting time to be a Rockets fan. Hope you're all appreciating it.

1 person likes this.
  5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i can't wait for durant in 2016.

6. TISNF

TISNF Member

Hopefully the next WCF trip won't be 18 years away.

7. MtthwPnngbtn

MtthwPnngbtn Member

Yeah.. I was born in 1992. So I was young and would not remember our championship days. I am glad however to be born in Houston and see a crazy season.

Hoping we can grab the title in the next few years.

8. alethios

alethios Member

NBA...where anything can happen. We surpassed a lot of people's expectations, including many here on CF. It just shows that we're on the cusp of greatness now.

9. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

I fully expect us to get to the WCF again next year with improvements to the roster. Switch DMo and Jones, very different series.

10. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Ahhh, 9th seed and 6'9" PFs drafting. Good times

1 person likes this.
  11. newAge_Rockets

Yeah I'm 19. This is probably the best season in my lifetime. The 96-97 Western Conference Finals never happened, right?

12. IROC it

IROC it Contributing Member

Nice post, OP.

Good stuff. ;)

1 person likes this.
  13. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

in my 20s as well and definitely the best season I've ever been too!!!

Harden still my MVP.

14. dakeem1

dakeem1 Member

Rockets in 9. COME ON!!!
    In all seriousness, I agree this season was amazing.

PS: talk about drafting undersized power forwards.

How about the era of trading for them with a PF rotation of Maurice Taylor and Kenny Thomas. Oh I miss those days. RIP Eddie Griffin.

15. mvpcrossxover

mvpcrossxover Member

Game 6 against Clips is still in my head to this day.

16. biojayc

biojayc Member

Couldn't agree more about the team. Great year! And I think we will only get better!

I do recommend living somewhere else before declaring that you never want to leave. Other places are cool too! I left Houston when I was 18. Always a rockets fan though!

17. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

I've been a fan sense the 04-05 season. This season was amazing. I've never seen the rockets so relevant before. I don't live in houston.

Jayzers_100 likes this.
  18. errpac

errpac Member

This season was a success imo. I haters how we lost to GS. but they guys fought. Remember people were hoping to just get out of the first round at least this season.

19. Roxnostalgia

Roxnostalgia Contributing Member

It's silver lining time and I'm ok with that. We exceeded expectations while juggling injuries. Admittedly, I didn't see us beating the Clippers even before game 1. They were hot to finish the season and had just taken down the Spurs. Oh yeah, we EMBARASSED Dallas.

Great season. Chandler and Zeremy who? I'm excited to see what goes down in the offseason.

20. Come_Again?!

Come_Again?! Member

It wasnt Golden State that beat us, it was us that beat us, I take comfort in that fact. The talent is there but when we are laser focused, nobody could beat us. When we made our runs, it was the most inspiring thing to watch. Only a piece or 2 away. Thanks for a dam great post season run. Red Nation forever baby.