1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

James Harden will have a 50 point game in this series

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SooneRockStro, May 22, 2015.

1. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

He's been great in Games 1 and 2 but as unbelievable as it sounds he's capable of more. For one thing, he hasn't gotten all the calls that he should have. He easily should have had 6 or so more free throws last night, which would've put him at 44 points, not to mention he missed one FT. If he's hitting jumpers AND getting calls there is nothing stopping him from putting up a 50 burger. Dare I say best player on the planet right now?

2. ScolaIsBallin

ScolaIsBallin Member

Not if Smith takes his shots.

3. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Actually, if Josh Smith wouldn't have come out chucking maybe he gets it last night. 17 shots in 21 minutes by Josh. I mean, for real?

4. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Haha was just posting this as well.

5. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Funniest part about it is that all of Josh's shots weren't even close. They were horrible shot attempts.

6. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I know right. It was absolutely cringeworthy how badly he hurt the team last night. That's why Detroit ran him out of town, games like that. He's capable of so much more. He wasn't nearly as bad in the 2nd half, but still not good enough by any measure. The game was absolutely lost in the first 6 minutes.

7. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Its up to Harden and Dwight to tell Smith to shut the **** up, sit the **** down, and pass them the ball.

I like Smith shooting wide open threes and OCCASIONALLY running the break. No more Josh Smith isos please.

If Harden doesn't have 3 times the shot attempts Smith does next game I'm going to get my pitchfork and run Smith out of town.

8. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Who cares. All the Rockets needs is a W, doesn't matter he scores 10, or 50.

9. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Well I doubt the Rockets win a game in which he only scores 10. But I'm just trying to highlight how incredibly Harden's playing and think he's going to put up 50, which is no small task.

10. daoshi

daoshi Contributing Member

Both he & Curry have been incredible so far, Howard has been real good as well, despite the knee injury, but it takes a team effort to win at this level.

The Warriors scored most of their points in the flow of the game, but the Rockets did it mostly from ISO. It's not Harden's fault, the Rockets has to get more people involved to have a chance in the rest of the series.

I'm not sure if you guys watched the Cavs & Hawks game, James went ISO most of the time when they had a big lead, the Hawks came back all the way, almost win the game.

#10 daoshi, May 22, 2015
    Last edited: May 22, 2015
  11. aurocketfan

aurocketfan Member

Ye, other players need to step up.

Warriors play team ball whereas we play Harden ISO. Harden can get 50 pts or 60 pts but we need others to step up to win this series.

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

13. BOOM-SHAKA-LAKA

Say what!? The score was tied at the half. :confused:

14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yeah, but imagine what the score might've been had the Rox not given up that horrid start. That was my only point.

15. rocketmc

rocketmc Member

but will we win.

16. kunene

kunene Member

If Smith doesn't make at least 3 of his first 6 shots, he shouldn't be allowed to shoot unless he's completely wide open. That should be a set rule for him. It'll make him choose his shots more wisely. When he hits more than half of his first 6 shots he's able to get it rolling. JSmith going 5/17 is on McHale. McHale needs to be able to tell Smith to go with the flow of the offense and wait for his chance at an open shot - not keep chucking up stupid contested shots.

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

He just has to be more selective. He came out and completely dominated the ball like he's Michael Jordan. I don't wtf he was thinking to start the game. He had like 11 shots in the first 6 minutes. It just got to be ridiculous and finally McHale pulled the plug. He played within the offense in the 2nd half at least.

18. rlmjdime

rlmjdime Member

I thought McHale waited too long to pull Smith. TJones was playing well and was glad he was in during crunch time. It seems it is always one or the other having a good night.

19. Rox23

Rox23 Member

TMac used to put up 40-plus point games all the time in the playoffs (I think that he had 44 point in that game 7 loss to the Jazz). I'm sure that Harden can do it at some point too.

20. xaos

xaos Member

We are going to blow them out in game 3.

We will win by a smudge in game 4.

They will blow us out in game 6.

Can't wait for Jason Terry to make that one poster's dream come true when he hits the game winner in game 7.