1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets must blow out the Warriors in game 3

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Sweet Lou 4 2, May 22, 2015.

1. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

We need to shake their confidence. Right now they won both these games that people didn't expect to be close. Now, going into game 3, on our home court, we need to really blow them out. That sends a message. It tells them that this series is all about the home court, and that there will be a game 7 which will be a nail bitter.

It will shake their confidence that they are the better team. If they were all the games will be close. But if they can only win, and barely win at home, it will give us a mental edge.

I hope we come out in game 3 and make it a laugher. We have shown we can go on runs against this team. Now it's a coaching battle. Can McHale outcoach Steve Kerr and make the adjustments to beat what is presumably a superior team not by a few points, but by 15-20? Do it against in Game 4 and send this series knotted up heading to GS with doubt in their minds.

2. HardenWay

HardenWay Member

Don't be dramatic, we just need to win two games. We can get Golden State on the road. All these games will be close and both teams will go on runs.

If anything what is mroe likely to happen and what can achieve the same thing is stay close and a little ahead and play close to perfect ball down the stretch and control the game in comfort, 5-8 points.

Listen and look at Curry at the end of game 2 being interviewed, he shows it on his face and nearly lets it slip, they expect to win in 4 games.

3. Wattafan

Wattafan Member

If we win both by a handfull of points at home it will still show that this is a homefield ad series.
    Personally, I am still excited by the fact we got so close to them twice on their court.
    This could still go either way if they believe in themselves and they should after two nailbiters on the road.

4. malakas

malakas Member

I don't care or expect and demand a blowout. But just win in no matter what way.

5. TMac'n

TMac'n Contributing Member

I read the title as "Rockets must blow the Warriors in game 3".

Had to read it a second time, saw the word "out", and was like "owwww".

6. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

I just want to crush them.

7. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Lmao ^^

8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

This feels like the WCF in 2012.

9. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

Just win. Baby.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Protect home court, that's all it will take to keep this a series

11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Actually I agree with this. It has to be a decisive win in Game 3. Not by 20+ necessarily. But a solid win that's over by halfway through the 4th quarter or sooner. Put some doubt in the Warriors' minds.

12. Darmonx

Darmonx Contributing Member

did you guys notice that the double team on curry had an impact on the game flow? man.. if that is the secret to beating GS.. this series is about to turn.

13. arubato

arubato Member

Not necessarily a blowout but just win convincingly. Just like what the Jazz did to us in 07. If you remember that series we barely beat them in games 1, 2 & 5 while beating us convingcingly at games 3, 4 & 6. We can still do this and I still believe we win this in 7.

14. IronTexan93

IronTexan93 Member

15. MarioElie17

MarioElie17 Member

I will take a W anyway.

16. count_dough-ku

That's an interesting parallel. The Jazz were the better overall team, but their lack of experience(aside from Okur and Fisher) showed when they had trouble holding leads at Toyota Center. It wasn't til Game 7 that they finally broke through.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Maybe I'm just being a delusional Rockets homer, but I feel like the Warriors just aren't that good (they are, but this matchup isn't bad like the Clippers one) and the Rockets will blow them out at home. This series is about to flip. Harden can get into the lane against the Warriors because Bogut and Ezeli and especially Draymond at the 5 does not scare Harden. That is the key. That small ball lineup the Warriors trot out plays right into the Rockets hands.

18. count_dough-ku

No. The Warriors are that good. Not unbeatable, but still really good. What makes them tough is that they have so many guys who can make plays. The Mavs had Ellis, Dirk, and Barea(Parsons was hurt and Rondo was insane). The Clippers had Paul, Griffin, Crawford, and Rivers(and Paul was out for 2 games). The Warriors have Curry, Thompson, Barnes, Green, Livingston, Barbosa, and Iggy. So it's not like you can take the ball out of one or two guys hands and force some mediocre offensive player to beat you.

The Rockets can beat this team, but they have to play smart defense for 48 minutes. We're seeing far too many lapses where they leave Curry open or give up wide open layups and dunks off of inbounds. And I saw at least a few instances of layups given up off of made baskets. That should never happen. Cut down on those mistakes and get better offensive performances from Smith, Brewer, and Terry and at the very least I could see this being tied 2-2 after Memorial Day weekend.

19. tiger0330

tiger0330 Contributing Member

I'd rather win both games by a bucket than win one in a blowout and lose the other. Can't afford a split. What are the odds of coming back in 2 series after being down 3-1 esp with this deep Warriors team.

20. egr281

egr281 Member

Just win man, this is the WCF it is highly unlikely that anyone will be getting blown out