1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who can Terrence defend effectively in this Warriors series?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, May 20, 2015.

Tags:
?

Who can Terrence defend effectively in this Warriors series?

1. Steph

7 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. Klay

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Draymond

23 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. Bogut

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  5. Nobody

41 vote(s)
    33.9%
  6. Barnes

8 vote(s)
    6.6%
  7. Iggy

4 vote(s)
    3.3%
  8. Livingston

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  9. Ezeli

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  10. Other

14 vote(s)
    11.6%
  1. basketballholic

Name the Warriors player Terrence can defend effectively and give your reasoning.

2. marky :)

marky :) Member

It's fine to criticize a player and voice your opinion but you're taking it to a whole new level.

It's like you wait around for TJones to play a bad game and then bombard the boards with what you call "the truth" when in reality they're nothing more than "I was right" posts that boast your ego.

We get it. You have a god given gift of evaluating talent and who the Rockets should trade for/sign/draft and everyone on the board should listen to you. :rolleyes:

2 people like this.
  3. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I voted other:

Holiday and McAdoo he defended pretty well in game 1 I thought

4. basketballholic

You haven't been paying attention. This discussion goes back to the beginning of last year. I have not posted after every poor Jones performance. And I have posted positive comments on occasion when Jones contributed to a victory. And I have pointed out even when he had good stat lines who he was playing against and with to accumulate those numbers......on occasion. But not after every good or bad game.

But at key moments I do go on somewhat of a rampage. Because I want my team to win and I can see that we are circling the drain. And a large part of that has to do with McHale granting Jones consistent chunks of minutes in the rotation and hurting this team. And that is exactly what is happening at this moment.

No, I don't have a god-given gift of evaluating talent. There is no such thing. I've simply watched (and played when I was younger) a lot of basketball. I know what I see. And more often than not I'm right. You can call that bragging if you want to. That's typically what people do when they are wrong and they don't want to acknowledge the other fella is right. But not me. When I'm wrong...I say so. When I'm right I say so. :rolleyes:;):(:):grin::cool::rolleyes::confused::eek::grin:;)

5. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

Yo...how much to get some inside info?

6. KePoW

KePoW Contributing Member

I voted Steph

7. basketballholic

It's still free for now. ;)

What was your poll choice?

8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

I put Ezili only because Jones can actually stay with him and thats sad.

9. basketballholic

Do you realistically think Jones can keep Ezeli off the offensive glass?

No way. That's like Jones vs. Robin Lopez all over again.

10. Juxtaposed Jolt

I picked other.

I'm sure there are plenty of homeless people in the Bay area.

11. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Terrance Jones is Terrance Jones' number one defender. It's all in his head.

12. LCAhmed

LCAhmed Contributing Member

I picked Draymond. I think this Jones bashing is getting a bit much. I might be the only one though as it appears I've offended someone already in another thread (not OP).

13. Zergling

Zergling Member

The Jones bashing is basically a one man show. He sucked in Game 1 but most objective and good posters here have acknowledged that overall he's been an important piece to this team when they're playing well. We are not in the WCF without TJones, period.

14. basketballholic

What have you seen that makes you think he can check Draymond and water down Draymond's efficiency and deny Draymond's usage?

15. Zergling

Zergling Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Re-watching this comeback and when Rockets were down 19 late in the third, it was <a href="https://twitter.com/TerrenceJones1">@TerrenceJones1</a> that got them going.</p>&mdash; ClutchFans (@clutchfans) <a href="https://twitter.com/clutchfans/status/599104497344876544">May 15, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

16. JHL85

JHL85 Member

One game bro. I voted Draymond.

17. J.R.

J.R. Member

This.

He did this same **** last series.

Who is playing with the least energy?

*Hope the board votes "T._ones!*

Oops, Harden ran away with that one.

Here we go again. :rolleyes:

We get it. "Terrence sucks" and should be working a 9-5 job, not playing basketball anywhere because he sucks so bad.

We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it.

You think Terrence Jones sucks.

We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it. We get it. We get it. We get it. We ****ing get it.

2 people like this.
  18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Gonna need good Terrence Jones to come out tomorrow, but man the way he gets blocked at the rim is just saddening.

19. rocketsregle

rocketsregle Contributing Member

But basketballholic keeps denying it happened Zergling. He was watching a totally different 3rd quarter in game 6 from the rest of us.

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

He couldn't defend anyone last night but neither could the rest of them team. So why are we just targeting Jones.

Who was guarding Livingston in the 2nd quarter. This is when the game was lost, dude had 16 freaking points.