1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jon Barry on 790 this morning

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by mdoggnic, May 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

lol dude stumbling and fumbling lol

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Ignore the Rockets hate, he sucks at his job period. One of the worst to listen to even as a neutral fan when the Rockets are not playing. After listening to that interview, even ****tier analyst than I thought. Can't even self critique to improve.

4. hakeemthagreat

Damage control lol. I heard the interview and listened to the broadcast and he definitely chitted on us the whole game, expecting the Clippers to clobber us. When we began winning game 6 he sounded disappointed lol

5. Granville

Granville Member

I dunno, it's kinda like being an ump or a referee. Every call that you make only half the people like. I don't see any real reason for him to hate on the Rockets.

6. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Dude didn't even want to be there

Jon Barry can go F himself for all I care

7. TheresTheDagger

Geez Jon....

If you are so even handed, then why isn't there this kind of hate directed at people like Jeff Van Gundy or Mark Jackson who called game 7?

I think by the end of the conversation about his game call, his voice sounded a little rattled. Give credit to the radio guys. They were being polite and even handed BUT didn't seem to want to just let the matter drop after Barry's initial pathetic dismissiveness and crappy explanations.

Hopefully, he'll do some self reflection and use this to work on his future performance, but I'm not holding my breath.

8. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Jon Barry sounds like an a$$. He just sounds kind've negative or like he doesn't care. There's NO WAY he sounded "pro-Rockets" in that game at any point. I've watched that 4th quarter MANY times and the most positive thing he said was "...unbelieveable" and "wow" with no excitement or vibrance behind it.

MAYBE he was stunned. MAYBE he was taken back and surprised, but there was no "TRACY MCGRADY JUST SUCKED THE GRAVITY RIGHT OUT OF THE BUILDING"

You can be stunned AND be INTO it. He sounded disappointed. THATS the problem. Its not that he said bad things about the Rockets or wtvr, its that he sounded like he wasn't feeling the energy of those moments.

Sorry, I don't buy it. You're a color commentator dude, and no one sounds lik he did. Either he's biased or bad at his job, and I'm fine believing either of those.

9. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

If I got that from both sides, I've done my job right.

LOL delusional ass.

10. LabMouse

LabMouse Member

Glad that the 790 people called him out, I think he will be better next time after this interview. Did the rockets own you three million dollars? That was a great question. Smart clutch fan voice just make a difference in this. He is going to say some good things after this, just like that Barkely did for the Rockets after Morey call him out publically.

11. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

He sucks, worst guy to listen to when you try and catch a non-rockets game. He'll put you in a bad mood if you let him. It's his bad analysis, whiny voice, and constant b****ing that get you.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7i-bzcSSGsE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7r-6j9qmkbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8OOgtdI4Bis" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And even he admits it,

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/mIY3xjjgaa0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

All credit to Firejon Barry Youtube Channel. Find more here, https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMsEsByDNJuVnUcYBfokyhQ/feed

1 person likes this.
  12. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

Anyone know where I can find that gif of Brewer doing some sort of shuffle with a monocle and a cane superimposed on the image? Will rep.

13. magnetik

magnetik Contributing Member

still not sure how Clipper fans could have said that he was rooting for the Rockets.. he was slobbing that clipper knob the whole game. Probably worse than Hubie.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

15. bobloblaw

bobloblaw Contributing Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  16. joeson332

joeson332 Member

The 2005 Rockets squad was probably looking at him like

[​IMG]

17. jcee15

jcee15 Contributing Member

This one?
    [​IMG]

18. gwatson86

gwatson86 Contributing Member

Jon Barry blows and is too stupid to realize it.

19. mdoggnic

mdoggnic Contributing Member