1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Most biased announcers ever ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MiketheRocket, May 15, 2015.

1. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

I have never been as annoyed by a groups of play by play guys as I was tonight. I felt like these were two members of the freaking Clippers fan club. Was I alone in this feeling. Everything was about how amazing Griffin was playing and hey I get that they guy is a great player and all but even at the end they were almost speechless how the lowly Rockets could possibly pull this off against the mighty Clippers. I want to win this series for so many reason but man it would be so nice to shut these clowns up!

2. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Tirico was appropriately excited for the Rockets by the end. He seemed to get the historic context of the comeback.

Jon Barry's tears were very tasty tonight.

3. TheresTheDagger

Barry was disgusting tonight. He makes Charles Barkley look like a Rockets lover.

4. RocketManJosh

RocketManJosh Contributing Member

Hopefully we get Gundy on Sunday

5. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

Maybe so, but until the end he was only emphatic and appreciative of the clips for the most part. Barry was Barry. Saw that coming and made it the much sweeter.

6. jacoby

jacoby Member

Jon Barry... when I found out we had this guy for tonight's game I was slightly annoyed because I know he doesn't like us, but my God he took it to another level tonight. That was hard to listen to.

I love Mike Tirico though. He got excited for the Clippers because for three quarters they were tearing us a new one, but in the fourth quarter he turned the tides. I think he's just a fan of good basketball.

7. Flop

Flop Member

Griffin lay-up: OMG SOOO AMAZING
    Howard alley-oop: if they comment it's something like how many times have we seen that play? Many of them are sick too, much better dunks than Griffin's and Deandre's.

Sick of Miller, Barry, and Hubie.
    Can we get JVG once? Pretty please? I will settle for Mark Jackson at this point. Breen is also fair most of the time.

8. Johndoe804

Johndoe804 Member

Get your tickets to game seven. You definitely won't be b****ing about the commentators then!

9. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

im really mixed

i genuinely think tnt's camera operator/editor person is awful. they cut to awful angles often, at the beginning of every quarter they minimize the game to show the coach or player interview (alternatively espn just lays the audio over the game which is much better), and they sometimes cut away from free throws for information or random things

but this game ESPN's announcers were awful. like, they called out every time that the rockets might have fouled the clippers but it wasnt called, and never called out when the clippers fouled the rockets but it wasnt called. not once. and every time they basically sided with the clippers. really felt like i was watching a local LA broadcast

i think the ideal scenario is watching an ESPN broadcast with different, hopefully neutral, announcers

seriously when the rockets came back and won, both just acted absolutely stunned. Not a "THE ROCKETS DID GREAT TO WIN", more like "how in the world did the rockets win why did this happen"

10. MiketheRocket

MiketheRocket Member

LOL glad to know that I am not alone. I was actually muting the TV because I could not stand to listen to it!

11. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

It's fun to have a heel announcer sometimes.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  12. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

man i messed up. I pulled up a ticket ready to buy, contacted my friends to see if they wanted in and wanted to go with me (I live 90 mins or so away from Houston), by the time i replied my time had expired and i couldnt pull up any tickets like i had pulled up.

13. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

I really enjoy Tirico. He just got dragged down by Barry tonight, who was atrociously biased tonight.

14. abaker28

abaker28 Member

I'm looking forward to NBA tonight and watching Shaq's straight face not saying a word about the Rockets. (Suck on that big fella!)
    Barkley on the other hand has been OK about the Rockets during the finals - something I'm surprised about.

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Lets not group Tirico in with all of the garbage color men he gets stuck with. He just does his job and gets excited for whoever is doing well.

Barry is garbage, he probably needs to be on suicide watch.

16. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Jon Barry was downright shameful tonight.

When the Clippers went on that run in the 4th, Tirico talked about how the Rockets were missing shots, Jon Barry instantly jumped in and said "Give the Clippers defense all the credit..."

But you can bet your ass he didn't say a word about giving the Rockets credit during their run.

Tirico did start getting pumped up on Rockets shots near the end, but Barry just sat there and said "wow...."

Pathetic.

17. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

Run in the 3rd I meant...

18. sumofuk

sumofuk Member

It was awful, I didn't even know Howard had a twenty twenty game till it was over, because they never talked about the Rockets!

2 people like this.
  19. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Look, I don't want to rain on the media hate parade, so by all means, continue, but be real. Dwight's dunks last night were not better than Griffin's. Griffin was insane.

20. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

Jon Barry made Hubie Brown look like a Rocket Nut Hugger...that's how bad it was.

"that was a quick 3 seconds"
    "that had to be a walk wasn't it"
    "OMG, BLake GRIFFIN!"
    "OOOH CP3!!"