1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul says he's playing in Game 3 tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Merla08, May 8, 2015.

1. Merla08

Merla08 Member

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-b...-he-plans-to-return-for-game-3-202617277.html

It seems*Blake Griffin*won't have to shoulder the load for the*Los Angeles Clippers*by himself any longer.

Clippers point guard*Chris Paul, who has missed the first two games of their Western Conference semifinal series with a left hamstring injury,*alerted teammates he plans to play*when Game 3 against the*Houston Rockets*tips off on Friday night, according to The Orange County Register's Dan Woike.

"Chris is a warrior, which scares all of us,"Matt Barnes*said. "... He said he's playing tonight. You just hope that he's ready because his game is so much stop and go and he's such an integral part of our team."

[...]

"I told him tonight I expect to see the CP that I'm going to see at 50 at the YMCA," Barnes said. "You know, like an older Mark Jackson out there controlling the sets, running the team, coming off pick and rolls, making plays but still picking and choosing his spots.

"... We'll have to see what he has in store for us tonight."

Paul played the final three quarters of the Clippers' thrilling Game 7 victory against theSan Antonio Spurs*with*a left hamstring strain, ultimately making*the game-winning shot*with one second remaining. He averaged 22.7 points, 7.9 assists, 4.6 rebounds and two steals per game in the first round of the playoffs.

In Paul's absence for the first two games against the Rockets, Griffin has done his best to fill his sizable playmaking shoes, recording a triple double (26 points, 14 rebounds and 13 assists) in a Game 1 win in Houston. But when the Rockets spoiled his 34-15-4 performance in Game 2, it seemed clear the Clippers would need Paul in order to make a serious run at the franchise's first conference final.

Just how effective Paul can be remains to be seen, and while it's unlikely he carries the offensive and defensive load for 40 minutes, it can't hurt to have a guy who finished sixth in MVP voting back in the lineup.*

I doubt he's 100% and that he'll probably re aggravate his hamstring during the game. Regardless, GO ROCKETS!!!! We need to at least split the 2 road games in LA to stay in this series.

2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

get ready cp3's hamstring game. this will be historic. it'll be up there with lebron's cramp game and jordan's flu game.

3. i3artow i3aller

4. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

oh **** we are screwed....

man if mchale had an oz of brain power, he would give nick some burn on cp3...

5. Merla08

Merla08 Member

We got this. Harden will cross him over so bad, he'll re injure his hamstring

6. jev5555

jev5555 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I remember when andre Johnson tried coming back too soon from hamstring injury.

7. Nook

Nook Member

You are possibly the worst poster in the GARM.

You are just awful.... Terrible... and not in a humerous way.... Just in a repulsive nauseating way .... Almost like getting food poisoning from old and unsanitary Indian food.

2 people like this.
  8. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

joey dorsey doesnt feel the same way

9. Nook

Nook Member

Dude stop watching ..... You actually wanted them to lose in game 2 in the GARM. If it is that upsetting go do something else.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

So CP3 is either going to be slightly below average CP3 or he's going to be gimped and a detriment.

11. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

vstexas09 gives him a run for his money for worst. They have some epic battles for worst.

1 person likes this.
  12. ZJP3

ZJP3 Member

Who cares. Play hard, play with fire and energy. Win the game.

13. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

Would have been nice to have a PG that Chris Paul would actually have to chase around tonight. Instead, 50-year-old Chris Paul gets the night off defending spot-up shooters.

14. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I think cp3 might disrupt their nice teamball offense they had going. That heroball works if hes only torching s offensively

15. davidio840

davidio840 Contributing Member

To say the least. He/she is by far one of the worst posters here. It really is sickening. Just think, that Los pollos whatever poster had this dumbass as "one of the best posters in the GARM" in his sig bahahahaa

1 person likes this.
  16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

It's time for you to find a new viewing hobby. Sports may be too stressful for you.

17. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

No worries Rockets fans. I called up Jeff Gillooly and he's going to take care of this playing tonight business. Chris Paul will never make it to the floor.

18. JazzLakerHater

Yeah, because Nick ****ing Johnson has a chance to stop the best point guard in the league. Give me a break.:rolleyes:

19. rhino17

rhino17 Member

luckily, Blake plays a lot worse with Paul in the lineup because he needs the ball in his hands to be effective. I'm not all that upset that he is coming back

20. MingMaham

MingMaham Member

I can just hear K Mchale now...."Guys, CP3 is playing tonight....so we've got to play harder. Our adjustment this game will be to play harder. And if that doesn't work by halftime....we'll have to play harder in the second half."