1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden is a full on QUITTER

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Cashmoney, May 6, 2015.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Seriously clutchfans.

Game one was horrible. And I am the first to admit harden had a very ordinary game. But I cannot believe some of the people on this board, I understand the disappointment losing such a pivotal game and the insipid effort displayed by the team. What I don't understand is people quitting on harden, I'm truly shocked.

He's just lead us to our first playoff series in 6 years and gotten us to the second round for the first time in over 15 years. He's putting up 28/8/5 on 46% and he's shooting 40% from downtown.

Yes, he was too passive last game. And I was very disappointed by his performance, but quitting on him? Unbelievable. He's had a very good playoff campaign this year (outside of his turnovers). Some will argue he hasn't been assertive enough, and he wasn't last game. But we know he can do it (game 3 v dallas). I honestly think he was in a funk over the MVP result. People react to things differently, and whilst it isn't an excuse for his performance, I believe it was a contributing factor.

I also cringe when people claim he has no fight, fire or will to win. That is borderline moronic. There are no excuses for how he and the team performed in game one, but if you think he's going to roll over and let the clippers sweep us you are in for a rude awakening. The way this board talks about harden is pretty saddening, you don't quit on your team or your players.

I understand the reaction to the loss, it was embarrassing. But lets try and be more positive around here and lift up harden, as well as each other. Yes, it was a horrible game. Yes, harden was poor. But I have faith in this team, and more importantly I have faith in harden, and I am confident it will be a different game tomorrow. Let's have each others back and enjoy the demise of Golden state and enjoy the win tomorrow.

Go rockets

kdchilds, jim1961, Zergling and 6 others like this.
  2. reliableman

reliableman Member

In before the hate!

Thank you. Your opinion is valid sir.

3. HoustonTexas

HoustonTexas Member

15 Years? Rockets were in the second round in 2009.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Did I miss something? Were we not in the playoffs the last 3 years and into the 2nd round in 09?

Half cup full guys are cool and all that but this team be. er kill themselves out there the rest of the series.

Hell knows no fury like a Houston fan scorned. Boos will be heard if these guys **** themselves again, im actually surprised they didnt rain down in game 1.

5. Rookie34

Rookie34 Member

Amen, brother, amen ...

6. reliableman

reliableman Member

The facts aren't important! ;)

Let's take any positive vibes and roll on.

7. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

Sorry guys, typo in there. It was meant to say first round win in six years. Of course I know it's not our first playoff series in six years. My point remains.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

we are angered not cried

9. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Harden's game was worse than "very ordinary", but most people's comments aren't saying they've given up on him.

10. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

OP is correct. People hating on Harden are just plain stupid. Guy is like the best player to play for us since Hakeem. Lose Harden, and we will go back to the treadmill of mediocrity and the 14th pick.

11. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Thanks, cash money. I think it may be wise for some "fans" to at least put their pitchforks away until we actually lose the series. I have seen enough playoff games in the last 24 years to know you can never judge a team or player based on 1 game. Every team is capable of looking like crap or looking like the best team on earth on any given night.

12. DreamWarrior

DreamWarrior Member

I'm with ya, brother

the level of negativity on this site against the rockets and true fans is unbelievable. the massive amount of disgruntled acne infested neckbeards that infest this site is saddening. Have hope in your team and ease of the hate of other fans. in other words "grow up"
    or
    this site should be changed to clutchfags
    and
    the noble red warriors that we are can migrate to a new site with actual support and less hate but they'd probably just follow......

peace :cool:

13. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

thank you!

14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

9 turnovers and zero defense.

We want our teams leader to lead, not wilt.

We shall see how he does going forward, but if Redick continues to make Harden his girl, it won't be good.

DD

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  15. Red.Glare

Red.Glare Member

I believe if ANYONE would've stepped up in the last 3 quarters, we wouldn't be discussing this considering Harden's 12 assists (more if anyone outside of Ariza early in the game could of hit a shot). And as DD said, better defense. We played good defense at times, but seemingly quit by the 4th. Someone other than Harden has to be hitting to pull the defense off of Harden. That just didn't happen.

16. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Woaaah dude. It's a little early to compare Harden to Wilt. :grin:

17. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

Every team with home court advantage in round 2 has lost a home game.

18. awc713

awc713 Member

JH may not have appeared 'assertive' enough, but he played what the D gave him. The D overloaded his side, forcing him to make the right basketball play--passing to the open man.

JH had 12 assists, and that doesn't count hockey assists.

No, he wasn't overly aggressive, but he played what the D gave him. Is that not better than forcing shots on an overloaded D? Isn't it the better play for him to pass it to swing it to open guys when D overloads on him?

1 person likes this.
  19. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

I will admit I am starting to give up on him. He is dangerously going down the path of becoming the next Melo. Top 5 player that won't do **** in the playoffs. Hope I'm wrong, but the evidence is piling.

20. Dmo for 3mo

Dmo for 3mo Member

Dwight has carried this team the last 2 playoffs.