1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chauncey Billups - "They Didn't Even Fight for the Game"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stack24, May 5, 2015.

1. Stack24

Stack24 Contributing Member

Chauncey Billups on His & Hers really summed up how I felt about last nights game.

I am fine with losses, they happen, but to not show up and play the way they did! There is no excuse at the end of the day. I hope they hear all of this and come out and play on another level because we can't win anything with the way they played and with all those turnovers. Getting a split here means nothing until we go to LA and win at least a game there.

We all know Wednesday's game is a must win, but so is Friday in my eyes. They need to regain the momentum or sadly we have to just die a slow death in the second round.

1 person likes this.
  2. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

basically sums up why every Houstonian is hella pissed after last nights game. You just dont see that in the postseason from anyone...

3. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Banking on them coming out strong tomorrow. Surely they know how much they're being criticized.

4. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Lack of FIGHT and URGENCY is perplexing.

I mean, they didn't even have to look back too far to see that stuff in game 4 of the Dallas series.

"We need to fight harder" - Rockets player

No $hit!

5. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I hope this isn't what it takes for the Rockets to play harder. How many times has it been mentioned the Rockets have so many players that have been in the playoffs or the finals. One day removed for the game 1 debacle, and I still can't wrap my head around how the Rockets could come out with that kind of disgusting effort.

6. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

James Harden needs to stop being so passive, man the F up, go out there and set and example for toughness and aggression. Seriously. Gaawwdd:mad:

7. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

No lies detected

1 person likes this.
  8. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Also, for people who compare this to 93-94 blowing 20pt leads, it's not the same. Those guys didn't quit like this team did. There were no smiles and ow wells, there was a lot of anger. I haven't seen that, only McHale a bit.

9. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

Couldn't have said it any better... Losing in that fashion is downright inexcusable. It's one thing to lose to a team that was just playing unconscious but the clips were practically BEGGING us to put them away in the 2nd quarter. For as bad as we were playing they were playing worse, all we needed was for us to give a damn. But to turn the ball over with lazy pass after lazy pass, to ignore Dwight who was having his way down low, to settle for terrible shots early in the shot clock instead of driving and dishing was a joke.

They won't admit it but once they found out cp3 was out they assumed they had it in the bag and it showed. Unfortunately our superstar player Harden was the prime culprit. If he doesn't show up strong tomorrow I think it's entirely fair to question is ability to be THE star of a title-contending team... His sample size is plenty big at this point. At some he has to start caring.

10. sabesque

sabesque Member

I don't think there's any value for me to add my own personal perspective on why last night sucked so badly. I'm sure it's been covered here by someone else.

I just wanted to weigh in here and say that Chauncey pretty much articulated why i felt so bewildered and weird about last night.

11. hakeemthagreat

Well said Chauncey. Harden needs to apologize to his teammates, coaches & city of Houston for that uninspired performance last nite. One more of those and his reputation will be solidified as a player "scared" of big game pressure. Get some nuts James

12. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Quitting b****es is what he wanted to say.

Your Houston Rockets. Laughingstocks of the NBA.

13. houseofglass21

Harden is weak minded. Too busy worrying about what hipster skirt he's gonna wear with his fancy headphones on the walk into the arena.

14. Harrisment

Harrisment Member

I'm glad I missed most of the 2nd half based on the reactions. Sounds like our guys really **** the bed.

15. Stack24

On PTI, they are already calling out Harden, saying that he was probably more worried about not winning the MVP then winning a playoff game. Also saying that they keep saying how they don't get any attention in the media and now they gave us a reason to talk about them with the crap they did last night.

It's sad to be embarrassed this way, that's why I hope they can really pull it together because it was an embarrassment in every facet.

16. Stack24

You saved yourself a lot of dumbfounded looks and head shaking.

17. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Am I the only one who began to have doubts about the fight in this team after game 3 at Dallas? Game 4 drove the point home and the way the Rockets began the 2nd half of game 5 proved it beyond the shadow of a doubt.

Something is internally wrong with the team. They are not together anymore.

My guess is it's Harden.

18. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Can mother****ers stop piling on? Jesus. **** Billups.

1 person likes this.
  19. Stack24

You want the media to actually go easy on us?

We deserve as much as they can pile up. This time it's not just Rockets Haters coming out. I want as much to come out so they can go in two different directions.

1. Curl up and crawl in a hole.
    2. Use it as fire to show everyone that we can contend.

#19 Stack24, May 5, 2015
    Last edited: May 5, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  20. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

You shouldn't have given Harden that breakfast burrito during half time. He had to hold butt cheeks together the entire second half... :eek: