1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The problem with ClutchFans after a loss.

Discussion in 'ClutchFans Feedback' started by BigMaloe, May 5, 2015.

1. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

I learned a while ago to not log on after a loss because its always full of hyper sensitive, emotional and irrational takes from our members. The GARM is still my favorite Forum but i understand why most older members don't even gander the GARM anymore hardly.

It's always an epic meltdown.

If Harden shoots too much, he should pass more. If Harden is bricking shots, find the open guy instead. If Harden does ISO coach and team is dumb.

When harden passes and finds the open guy, he has a bad personality. Harden is being double teamed but he should shoot and force ISO not pass. Harden is mentally weak.

I swear everyone contradicts themselves after every loss to whatever narrative supports them. I've realized the quality posters tend not to post and rather reflect on the loss and game itself.

We didn't play with enough energy. Yes. But to start attacking players is dumb and childish. Especially Harden who has shown up plenty big in plenty situations.

Relax and breathe before spreading nonsense.

5 people like this.
  2. ab0_bleedred

ab0_bleedred Member

This.

1 person likes this.
  3. Harden2TheLine

4. Juxtaposed Jolt

Pretty much, OP.

And after a win, no matter if it's a blowout or a close one, there's barely any chatter. As if casual CFers can't find anything good to talk about...

...yet can't wait to whine and moan about the littlest things after a loss.

1 person likes this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

People dont know he's a 1 trick pony. He lives and dies by the ref whistle.

6. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

Clutchfans is awesome all the time

7. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

I have zero problems that the Rockets lost...its the fact that they were willing to just hand them a playoff victory with the game on the line. That is unsettling to the core of every fan of professional sports.

8. chandlerbang21

Sorry if random people hurt your feelings with their comments. Let it go man let it go.

9. cfansnet

cfansnet Member

Harden did poorly in this game and people are legitimately talking about it. Complaining about it doesn't make them a Harden Hater.

The only player to really show up was Dwight. We need to go back to him.

10. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yep, avoiding the GARM until Game 2, basically.

1 person likes this.
  11. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

Guys, defy human nature for once by not overreacting to a loss.

They've gotten away w/ half-ass defense in the Dallas series and it carried over into this series.

The more embarrassing the loss, the more likely they are to respond and refocus, whereas if they lost a close game -- that may not be the case.

12. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Finally a thread created tonight that's worth reading. Hopefully after this loss the bandwagon fans will leave for good.

1 person likes this.
  13. jayhow92

jayhow92 Member

Its really the same people that come out during losses. The over-reacters, the "I told you so" posters, and the cheke64s.

1 person likes this.
  14. jpsamhyz

jpsamhyz Member

1. A big draw of sports is the raw emotions of everyone involved. I for one don't expect every single thread in a sports forum to be even keeled, intelligent, and philosophical during a big game.

2. That was an inexcusable performance top to bottom, especially for a conference semis game. Every single fanbase would have been abusive towards their team under such circumstances, and justifiably so. In any other profession, those clowns would have gotten their asses fired for such a debacle. In pro sports, however, they get to stick around as if nothing happened because of the rarity of physical gift.

15. BigMaloe

BigMaloe Contributing Member

Weird coming from you cheke.... But he shot the ball effectively and was really spreading the ball around to the open guy out of dbl teams. His biggest problem tonight was turnovers. But to say he is a 1-trick pony is literally the worse thing i can recall you ever posting

Meh coming from you, your one if the biggest trolls here

Very unsettling indeed. I disliked the team effort the final 2 minutes. The defense and hustle disappeared.

They don't. It's just what makes CF not as great as it once was, and i missed the glory years.

He didn't play poorly. What he was was sloppy with the ball and not as aggressive as people would have liked. He want getting calls and he was constantly being dbled and shaded defensively. He mass the smart plays passing out most of the time

16. Rocket Guy

Rocket Guy Member

This is the problem with members trying to control others emotions of other Rocket fans. This is what the GARM is for! It is a place to go to air your frustrations because most people cannot go bat s*** crazy with other people around. Some fans just sit there and don't get too high or too low no matter what happens, and that is fine. However, there are others who need a place to be able to vent with others who understand and are sharing the same frustrations.

Its not all sunshine and rainbows, if it was it would become a very boring forum to be apart of. This teams has flirted with making the playoffs to contending for decades now, only to not have the skill or luck needed to win it all. It is very frustrating at times, but lets not get mad at posters for knee jerk reaction posts...that is part of the reason this forum is here. No one forces people to click on links that you can tell are pessimistic from the title line.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't think criticizing other peoples opinions is something that is a proper thing to do, but if someone wants to say Harden is "nothing more than a stat-sheet stuffer with no heart", that is there opinion. If someone has a problem with their statement then debate it, don't hate it. Some fans are pessimists and I see where they are coming from. Here is how I look at it...I am either right, or pleasantly surprised. At the end of the day, we all want the Rockets to win!​

1 person likes this.
  17. bro2044

bro2044 Member

I'm pretty sure CLUTCHFANS was right tonight, and ROCKETS were wrong.

I KNOW people overreact, but this was bad...really, really, gutwrenchingly bad.

18. TexAg713

TexAg713 Member

I respectfully disagree. Yes, this board has a tendency to overflow with knee-jerk reactions after big losses and wins. What sports forum doesn't?

However, this loss tonight was just flat out embarrassing. This is on the players, this is on the coaches, this is on the organization. But mostly the players. Save for a couple of them, they just looked completely disinterested... and this was back in the first quarter! On top of that they just gave up at the end like they couldn't wait to go party with Tim Duncan.

The Clippers didn't outplay us, the refs didnt job us, we didn't just get unlucky with shots not falling. Lazy passing, lazy defense, poor shot selection, horrible body language. As I was tearing my hair out watching this heartless display, I could not believe what I was watching: An unfocused, leaderless team that just didn't care.

There is absolutely no excuse for what happened tonight. They had all the time in the world to rest and prepare. The Clips were exhausted and wounded. I'm not even sad, I just feel embarrassed for those guys. It's as if they were intentionally throwing the game away from the beginning. I don't know what the hell was going on behind the scenes but the only thing the Rockets showed me tonight was how mentally weak they are.

If people on this board want to be outraged, I think they have that right.

19. josephnicks

josephnicks Member

its always going to be like this, on every single sports message board in the world.. me personally im not the type that can shiit sunshine 24/7 and yell "great job/great effort" after my team gets blown out. i find the "its just one game" crowd equally as annoying as you probably find the complainers..

20. awc713

awc713 Member