1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Brandon Knight

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Cashmoney, May 2, 2015.

1. Cashmoney

Cashmoney Member

merge with another thread if required. Obviously I am still living very much in the now and I truly believe the rockets can go a long way these playoffs. But looking ahead, a player such as Knight would complete this team. Obviously I am not an expert in regards to our salary cap and how much space we have, nor do I know who we would need to let go in order to sign him. Obviously keeping the core of Harden, Howard, Smith, Brewer and dmo/jones is a non negotiable. I'd like to see Morey make a move like acquiring knight in the off season instead of aiming for that third star. This team is legit, we need another shooter who can stroke it from deep. That's brandon knight. We need a secondary playmaker who can ease the load a little on harden. That's brandon knight. We need a guy who can average 15ppg and be relatively consistent.

Brandon Knight.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The Suns aren't going to give him up right after trading for him.

3. finsraider

finsraider Member

Or you can pay Llull a third as much and improve your production at point guard five times over.

4. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

Brandon Knight has consistently proven to be a negative offensively and defensively for any team he is on.

Defensively he is awful. Offensively he is a low efficiency chucker, with a terrible assist to turnover ratio for a PG.

He's gonna make more than he's worth.

5. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

Is he any good? I admit, I haven't watched him play much over the years. The only time I hear of him is when he's making a dumb turnover, getting dunked on, or getting his ankles broken.

6. what

what Member

I like Brandon Knight's game a lot, but the rockets have no chance of getting him, so the point is moot.

7. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

/thread

I'm not a MCW fan but the Bucks did the right thing.

Putting Brandon Knight next to Bledsoe and paying him is not smart for the Suns.

8. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/nUgrexXrkZc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

I had him on my fantasy squad this year and he was putting up some great numbers for Milwaukee early in the year...I haven't really seen him play much though

10. djrusk

djrusk New Member

RIP

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NTkN2q6sUUk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

11. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

You can do way worse than Brandon Knight as the 5th best player on your team.

He's one of the fastest players in the league IIRC. He is starting to become a very good 3pt shooter.

For him it's all about whether he can learn to play defense - he's got the physical tools and just 23 years old. If you don't have to overpay him, then you do it IMO.

12. malakas

malakas Member

I'm a Bucks fan and having watched most of his games for the last two seasons I have to say that Brandon Knight is not bad defensively and what the Suns did ( putting aside what they had to give up to get him) isn't stupid.
    The best match for him in a backcourt is exactly someone like Harden or Bledsoe imo. I said so much during the trade deadline.
    He has active hands, he gets a lot of steals rebounds and blocks for a guard, and he doesn't back down defensively.
    He and Harden would be good together - I assume that having to play next to a MVP caliber player like Harden Knight naturally would take a backseat and judging from his personality and his work ethic that would happen.
    However this thread is pointless.
    The only minuscule chance the Rockets or other teams would have to get him will be in two years, if he gets a QO and doesn't sign a (max) extension. Which I doubt he will. The Suns are looking at him as their leader already over Bledsoe.

He is a flawed player- flaw number one being his pointguard sight. Kidd helped him a lot but I don't think the game has slowed for him yet. I hope he continues to grow because he's very young still.
    But he requires a specific fit , you can't just put him in every team. One fit imo is Harden and another is Bledsoe. He didn't fit with what the Bucks were trying to do so I'm glad we traded him.

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

The reason I say the Bucks did the right thing isn't because MCW is better than Brandon Knight. It's because the Bucks determined they didn't want to pay Knight and replaced him with a guy 2 more years removed from getting paid. The value they got in return was very good. Smart move IMO.

Paying a lot of money to players like Brandon Knight isn't the way to build a championship contender. Locking a boatload of salary up in a Bledsoe/Knight backcourt is a recipe for remaining 8th/9th in the WC.

Of course Knight would be a good fit next to Harden at the right salary. But he isn't a 3rd wheel type of guy IMO.

14. malakas

malakas Member

In a way you are right, but with the new salary cap Knight near max money (around 15 per) will be market money unfortunately. Teams in the next two offseasons will give market max contracts like candy. That's why it won't hurt the Suns much. They will have to pay Len i.e if he continues to play that well and improve himself to one of the best young centers , near 20 per as will be the near max for the 2013 draft class.
    But definitely, if you want to go somewhere a player like Knight should be your third wheel at best, and a team like the Suns with no stars should rather look to find one first and then the complimentary cast. Especially one that requires a specific fit.
    As for the Rockets Llull will be much cheaper and better option for a team trying to lure another star in Free agency. Let's just hope he comes over.

15. J.R.

J.R. Member

http://journaltimes.com/sports/bask...cle_c97bc847-b9ca-5960-b335-cfa72b30c05a.html

16. malakas

malakas Member

14 per. I expected full max but thats ok. They are the cheap suns anyway. Bledsoe will be shipped shortly.

17. basketballholic

Where is Bledsoe going?

18. malakas

malakas Member

I dont know. Somewhere. Philly for noel? Jazz for favors? Sac for gay? But he is being shopped. Even from the end of the regular season they seemed to want him out. They dont like his personality and due to last years ****storm they have made it their goal to add only strong characters.

19. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I'm not sure. Bledsoe and Knight are a nice, young back court. I wouldn't trade Bledsoe if I didn't have to.

20. basketballholic

The reason I ask is I know for a fact that their plan was to trade Bledsoe after this season before they traded Goran. They wanted to keep Goran and trade Bledsoe for best value, re-sign Goran and make him lead guard again.

Part of the contract negotiations with Bledsoe last summer that helped close the deal was Phoenix agreeing to let him run the offense and control possessions. Their plan was to let him do that for one season and then move him for the highest quality big they could get.

I'm wondering if you're rehashing old news or if you've heard something new. Because now with Goran gone I have a difficult time seeing Knight in a lead guard role.

#20 basketballholic, Jun 28, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2015