1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Good good in losing last night

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by slickricky, Apr 27, 2015.

1. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

There are a few silver linings in every loss

When this series began I and many other didn't think we would sweep the Mavs

Yes when we went up 3-0 and Parsons and Rondo were done for the year everything looked a lot better but the reality is you cannot when them all. No one has and I don't believe anyone ever will.

Tuesday will be a true telling to how this team has matured

How do we respond to adversity that is the key. "If"and when we advance to the second round this loss would pay dividends when and if we are to drop one to the Spurs or clippers...

The team seems really disappointed about their performance and I expect them to all be on the same page tomorrow night.

I do see James leading out there and keeping the guys focused on the next play.

We do need him and Dwight to be more aggressive whether or not Dwights FTs are going down.

Josh smith has been everything we could ask for in the series but we need to do a whole lot better in containing their PGs more specifically JJ

Let us let go of yesterday and focus on closing out tomorrow

It will define this team and where we are going in the future.

It will effect everything from our hearts to free agency

Players like to play for winners and winners we will be tomorrow night

1 person likes this.
  2. thejav

thejav Member

They had a good good adujustment to their starting line up..rockets need to do a better job at countering..just need to start playing good good.

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Agreed. We needed this loss more than we needed to sweep them if we're thinking about what would prepare the team best for the next series.

4. slickricky

slickricky Contributing Member

I tried to change the title to "the" good

5. SemisolidSnake

I think you're right. If we sweep them, we take a cocky attitude into the first game of the next round and lose. Here, we're still going to win the series, but the guys have eaten their humble pie already and should hopefully understand what's necessary to not be embarrassed in future. Hopefully.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One of the best things is the Rockets keep playing.

You never want to risk injury, and with Dwight, you never know how he's feeling...

But this Rockets team has nowhere near to appropriate experience to sweep a series and then sit for a week+ while the Spurs/Clippers go at least 6 (if that series goes only 6 and not the full 7, the second round likely starts next saturday or sunday, which would give the rockets a week off. If the spurs/clips go 7, the next series likely starts monday or tuesday of the following week).

I'd like to see the Rockets close it out tomorrow and the Spurs/Clips series go 6. Gives the Rockets just the right amount of rest between series.

7. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

We need all the practice time we can get, so Dwight can practice his free throws. :(

Close out; Clips win in 7
    good good

8. stipendlax

stipendlax Member

And the entire team can practice putting the ball in the basket

9. Airdough

Airdough Member

Second round starts a week from today regardless of the outcome of either series.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Winning convincingly does not mean sweeping is essential....

The second seed is not that far away from the 7th

Spurs, Mavs, Memphis IMHO are the most experienced teams there are

Then come the Rox, GSW, Blazers and Clippers - somewhat experienced (1st and 2nd round in previous years)

Inexperienced: Nola

Not listed on talent and regular season

11. joeson332

joeson332 Member

would have sucked going a week without Rockets basketball right guys :)

12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I don't know man. My feeling now, having watched Dwight for a couple of years, is that I don't think practice is having a particularly positive or negative effect on his %. He's been in the league over 10 years now - if practising FT's was still having a positive effect on his FT shooting - doesn't that mean he's a lazy player at practice and would not be a max player right now? Are we saying Dwight is this good without practice? Doesn't make sense that he would have a poor attitude specifically towards practicing FT's.

What does seem to work is when he practices his post up game, he does better and I think we should probably look more into that.

I do have a feeling that if we say to him "look, we don't care if you shoot 40%" that the reduced pressure might actually have a positive impact.

13. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

there you go. A week off for this Rockets team is not a good thing.

4-5 days off is perfect.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I wasn't sweating this at all last night. Rockets needed it. I hate it when the other team works harder and plays harder. This team has to learn not to take anything for granted. After getting the early lead, they went to sleep and got jack-hammered. Better for this to happen now than later.

15. Airdough

Airdough Member

Wholeheartedly agree. They got smacked in the mouth and get to come home and return the favor in a close out situation.

16. rocketseagles07

I agree with you. All I need from Harden is to stop being lazy and switching every pick and roll because he doesn't want to fight through the screen. I think we win convincingly on Tuesday

17. Marteen

Marteen Member

People are already looking ahead to the next series. I hope the Rockets don't have that same mentality or else we could be looking at the first 3-0 comeback in NBA history.

18. BiGGieStuFF

BiGGieStuFF Contributing Member

more fun to win it on our floor. :)

19. RESINator

RESINator Member

There is no better than adversity. Every defeat, every heartbreak, every loss, contains its own seed, its own lesson on how to improve your performance the next time.

-Malcolm X

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I'm fine with that. The last two playoff series the Rockets have won(Seattle in 1997, Portland in 2009) were clinched at home. Let's keep that trend going.