1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ken Mauer announced as ref for tonight[Gm 2, 4/21]

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by SeeingRocketRed, Apr 21, 2015.

1. SeeingRocketRed

Mauer is the same ref that was responsible for the infamous non call against Memphis, and for the Chicago debacle earlier in the season. The rockets this season joined a list of five other teams in NBA history that shot 5 or fewer free throws in two games during one season. Ken Mauer reffed both of those games.

When, not if, the refs start to shaft us again, I need everyone to whip their section into a frenzy. We cannot tolerate this tonight.

1 person likes this.
  2. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Sweet best official in the entire NBADL

3. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

So we're 0-2 in those games. I think we won the OCK game with him, no issues I can remember. Anybody know the overall record with Mauer?

4. AFS

AFS Member

Just gotta make sure the game doesn't stay close. We come out here and take care of business just like we did Saturday.

1 person likes this.
  5. clutch citizen

clutch citizen Contributing Member

The Rockets should incorporate this into their game plan. Don't expect the whistle. Play for the basket. Not the foul. James has to adjust and not force the issue on the refs. Feel it out for the first Fre minutes. If you're not getting calls, adjust.

The unfortunate reality of an NBA game. Required game plan adjustments to referee personnel.

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He probably flew in on Cuban's private jet.

7. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree.

Rockets have to win no matter the circumstances. Rockets won the division despite all the injuries. Rockets won game one despite 4-11 shooting from Harden and 17 mins of Dwight. This guy won't be the reason the Rockets lose.

8. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

[​IMG]

I am not amused.

9. Bezzle

Bezzle Member

Let's see. Missed call against Memphis. Single digit foul calls another game.

We're going to need to come out hot and STAY hot. We have to own. Take the refs out of the game.

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

If you do chant against the refs, do it specifically against him: "Mauer sucks!"

11. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

Really hope that James and Morey have scouted these refs.

Here's hoping James' shot comes back tonight so we don't have to rely on the calls.

12. CrazyDave

CrazyDave Contributing Member

No reason to make excuses already.... it will only put a magnifying glass on anything that seems to go astray. Trick will be knowing who is ref and playing the game to win regardless.

13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I'm pretty sure he reffed TWO of the games that netted an NBA apology for the Rockets PLUS the game against the Bulls.

Harden needs to be prepared for very few foul calls tonight.

14. trickywhiteguy

Dont forget about this "mystery" technical foul from last years playoffs!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/HSavi56dqAI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    https://youtu.be/HSavi56dqAI

15. Duncan McDonuts

Duncan McDonuts Contributing Member

So if he won't call fouls, does that mean Dwight won't get in foul trouble?

1 person likes this.
  16. JazzLakerHater

Well, we were able to survive Joey Crawford in game 1. Mauer can't be that much worse.

17. txn

txn Member

No, he has a different standard for Dwight. ;)

18. vstexas09

vstexas09 Contributing Member

We outscored Dallas 45-17 on FTs. We shouldn't really complain about Joey.

Now, I'm concerned about Mauer for sure. If I'm the FO, I'm calling Silver and telling them that those two games this year, and Game 4 last year were affected by Mauer's officiating.

But really hoping we don't rely on the whistle tonight.

19. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

One thing about Joey Crawford is that he isn't afraid to blow the whistle. He may miss some things but typically if the guy sees a foul he calls it. I'm never concerned that Harden will not get calls when I see Crawford calling our games.

20. ROXTXIA

ROXTXIA Contributing Member

Wouldn't that make two joke-ass calls Freeland was granted when guarding Dwight?

Sorry to say, Ken Mauer's presence at tonight's game tells me the Rockets have got to kill it tonight. Or he'll tie up the series.