1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The madness is upon me ...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rileydog, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

So Im groggy, coffee in hand, looking all homeless in my ratty shirt and pants, headed to Shipleys to pick up some glazed donuts for the kids. I order the normal and as I'm checking out, a random middle aged dad says, "nice shirt". I happened to be wearing a threadbare rockets giveaway shirt (the younger, faster fearless one).

Something physically clicks inside and I'm in full ROCKETS PLAYOFF MODE. Im fully awake now, and I respond, I'm going tonight. We have to get this one. He calmly and casually says, me too and walks out.

I turn back to the Shirley's clerk and find myself literally wanting to scream "Lets Go Rockets" like its game 7 of the finals. I want to run around and high five the six lawn guys who are getting ready for the day's work, as if ariza hit a dagger from the corner to put us up three with 2.2 seconds left. I'm flashing forward to tonight, where the TC will be hopping, I will be living and dying with each dribble, each shot, each block and rebound, high fiving my wife and folks around us, screaming bloody murder, hate and venom at the Mavs.

It's like I'm in a movie, and all of this flashes in my brain within a half second, and my blood pressure is waaay up, my head is pounding and it's like I want to fight somebody. I want some Mavs fan to trash talk, but I don't just want victory, I want annihilation. I want to win by 30 and to laugh in their faces. I want us to physically dominate those smug a-holes, and for it to look like men against boys. I want Harden to go off for a signature game and for Carlisles schemes to be completely useless.

For some sports fans, it's their college football team playing in a crucial rivalry game or in a big bowl, or even the national championship. For others, it's pro football. For some of us, it's Rockets playoff basketball.

I'm done being worried about Carlisles coaching, rondos defense, aminus rebounding and defense. I'm done worrying about a first round exit, about missed free throws, about Harden being off or not getting calls. We are stomping Dallas into a bloody mess and there is nothing that they can do about it. It's what happens when a superior team faces an inferior douchebag team.

I bought game 1 and 2 tickets with no idea whether we would have HCA, or if we did, when the games would be. As it turns out, Game 1 will occur during an important black tie gala event to which we already committed. Don't care. We will attend the event for an hour, get to the hotel and change into rockets gear, arrive in plenty of time to scream from the intros till the final victory buzzer, walk out with Maverick heads on poles, go back to the hotel, put on the gala stuff, and go dance our victory dance the rest of the night.

My head is still pounding and I still want to fight someone. The madness has really set in. I need to immerse myself in a sea of rockets fans. I think I need to goto the gym or something. 11 hours and 15 minutes till game time.

Clutchfans unite!!! Casual fans come join us in the ritual! The cheers become a roar, the roar becomes a deafening wave of collective will to win that engulfs the TC. I WANT VICTORY!!! I WANT CUBANS HEAD ON A POLE!!!!!! AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!

8 people like this.
  2. RESINator

RESINator Member

PCP can do that to ya

3. RESINator

RESINator Member

JK... I think we're all feeling like that right now!!!!!!!

4. rocketry

rocketry Member

Well done. Got my blood pumping, too.

Let's go Rockets!!!!

5. bro2044

bro2044 Member

Dude, I'm TOTALLY there with you. That being said, I'd be just fine if they won 4 games by just 1 point. ;)

Its already happening tho, my FB page is decked out Rockets and I'm getting so much trash talk there, at work, out of the apt wearing my Rox gear... man.... we HAVE to win this! If it weren't for the new Star Wars and Bats vs Supes teaser, I would've had Rockets on my mind 100% of the time instead of just 99+%

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Here, here!

I've got my Keep Houston Beard shirt on and am ready to f*** some Mavs up.

7. xiki

xiki Contributing Member

Celebrate, celebrate - - do your Gala Celebrate tonite. And three times more. And three more fours. I want a PARADE!!!

8. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

That's the spirit, my brother!

Harden and Dwight will be ready to lead this team to the promised land.

9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

10. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Love it! I was thinking about braveheart when I was driving back from Shipleys. I'm now on push-up 65 of 100.

FREEDOM!!!!! VICTORY!!!!! HOUSTON ROCKETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. jscmedia

jscmedia Contributing Member

Ditto.

Yes I am not driving to Louisiana to go to a wedding of someone I don't know honey. Oh you're not either ? Is it these Rockets Playoff tickets for tonight I'm holding ? Just wondering. :cool:

12. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Not me. Still groggy.

13. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

I'm in a coffee shop right now. Texting a group of friends about the game tonight. And yea...I just wanna get up and scream GO ROCKETS!!!!

I can't stand the Mavs. I want revenge for 05. I wanna see everyone in Dallas cry, including the children in Mavs gear. I wanna see a 90s type series where no blood no foul and we knock that fn German to the ground every chance we get. I wanna see Cuban pout like the little **** b**** that he is.

14. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Lets get it brothers and sisters

15. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

Pumped is the only way I describe the way I feel right now.

The over/under for how many times I scream "role player" at Chandler Parsons: 40.

16. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I feel you OP. I have to attend a funeral today. All I can say is that Uncle Vic will understand when we have to leave the reception early to get home and fire up the grill, get the beer cold and piss off the neighbors tonite.

Lets go get one for Uncle Vic and Lets go ROX!

17. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Bought game 4 rockets/mavs tickets, plan on bringing the broom

18. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Hey! Ho! let's go Rockets!!!

19. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I can't emphasize how badly we need to win these first two games. Considering our recent playoff history, we need to take NOTHING for granted.
    And it looks like the Mavs are making the same mistake we made last season, talking **** and disrespecting their opponent. We need to make them eat those words.

20. DraftBoy10

DraftBoy10 Member

I'm anxious as ****.

I just have no confidence in our team. I fear the worst.