1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Terrence Jones on 50/50 balls

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, Apr 16, 2015.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So this is something I've noticed a few times and just wanted to see what other BBSers think. Let me start by saying I'm not questioning TJones effort or talent level...

Has anyone else noticed that the ball seems to be just beyond the reach of Tjones an awful lot? Like a long rebound he can't get to, or a pass that is just by his fingers, or a ball that is tipped headed out bounds that he just can't reach.

It's almost like his wingspan is shorter than you perceive it to be, or plays shorter than it is?

Anyone have any thoughts?

2. bmd

bmd Member

I've never noticed. But I'll start looking for it.

3. HTM

HTM Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I've noticed it quite a few times on passes by Harden. He's normally very accurate on his passes, but it seems he misjudges the reach of TJones more than other guys.

5. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

He doesnt have an explosive "2nd" jump if that makes sense. Tjones is long athletic, but not explosive...

6. joxford

joxford Member

He is just hustling more and more athletic than a lot of other guys. The ball is just out of his reach, but for other players the ball would be a foot out of their reach. Wingspan doesn't lie, so unless you think it is a matter of not enough effort on his part, thats the only solution I see to this.

7. RunninRaven

RunninRaven Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Actually, I've noticed this with Josh Smith more than Terrence Jones. And in Smith's case I think he's just not trying hard enough.