1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Beverley done for the season?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by csc177, Mar 25, 2015.

1. csc177

csc177 Member

2. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

Well, Nick Johnson can defend some. On end-of-game situations, we can also try KJ as a defender.

Playmaking-wise, we are using various guys to attack. Prigs and Papamay be able to help if McHale is willing to trust the.

3. Hakeemtheking

Hakeemtheking Member

4. PeppermintCandy

Huge loss if it's true.

5. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

Shout out to csc177 for breaking this news on CF.

Definitely a national treasure here.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

csc177,

Shake them haters off.

Thanks for this thread. I was asleep when this news broke and I wouldn't have rummaged through the last 6 pages of the "Bev wrist" thread unless I saw this thread too. It's kind of a big deal and a thread title should tell everyone what's up.

7. RESINator

RESINator Member

McFail should have rested him for playoffs. Now his career is done if Morey does not pick him up.

8. tmac2k8

tmac2k8 Member

I may be wrong but I don't see Beverly as a big loss. Sure he's pesky and hustles but that only goes so far when your up against elite competition like Curry, CP3, etc. He's over rated as a defender and can't stay with his man, his 3 point shooting his mediocre, his passing abilities are below average.

We may get more hustle play from him than Pablo or JET and better defense but I don't think it's that big of a loss where it effects our chances that much in the playoffs. Our fate lies with Harden and Howard playing at an elite level. Beverly won't shut down an elite point guard much more than JET/Pablo would.

I agree with inserting Nick Johnson to at least get some bench playing time simply for defensive purposes.

9. eman

eman Contributing Member

Move Harden to the point. Start Brewer in place of Bev. Start fast and hang on.

10. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

I'm hoping Pablo will fit nicely with Dwight and Josh Smith in the pick and roll game.

Terry is also good in limited minutes for outside 3s and pressuring passing lanes in our 2nd unit with Brewer. We were always going to be weak at PG and PF going into the playoffs so hopefully Dwight, Harden, and Ariza can deliver to their respective strengths when it's their time.

11. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

Wish we still had Canaan :(

12. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Could be addition by subtraction ;)

I bet the dude would have tried to play iso and hero ball plenty of times in the post season because he knows is on National TV and is due a bigger contract. Much like that diva Portions.

Anyway get well soon Bev, you deserve a bigger contract.

13. wfeebs

wfeebs Member

Aside from the debate on much of a loss this is (still to be seen), I just wanted to finally see what this team would look like at full strength. It just seems we're perpetually in a "what if" scenario.

14. buddyboy

buddyboy Member

While Bev hasn't been playing well this season, I'm going to have nightmares about how Terry and Prigioni will fare against the WC point guards.

15. apatel123

apatel123 Member

16. errpac

errpac Member

Would really suck man, I don't know if we can replace a Beverly. As little pts as he gives us and it seems guys he's guarding sometime go off on us, Beverly is still our best defending fit pg next to harden , and he's one of the guys that always brings energy. Not saying we can't win without bev , but I do think it will be a lot more difficult especially in the playoff where bev has more experience as a starter then prig. I also like Jason Terry bt he's not a great defender and the perimeter d will seriously hurt. Hoping for the best for bev.

17. HookemHorns1250

I'm not sold that both Terry and Prig will both get solid minutes. I could definitely see a line up of Harden/Brewer/Ariza/Jones/Howard playing quite a 'bit together. This will allow Brewer to guard their point guard, and Harden will be able to guard a less valuable player.

The only thing that concerns me is the bench is our biggest strength right now. It's when our bench comes in that we start to make our big push and runs during games, because other deeps weren't as deep as we are. If Brewer is out of that mix, who steps up in his place? Could mean a LOT of minutes for Brewer and Ariza.

18. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Already posted almost 3 hours ago

19. Rocketman95

Rocketman95 Hangout Boy

20. HookemHorns1250

Deeps = Teams*