1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will honor members of championship teams

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rocket2008, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

Will see finally see a full reunion?? I don't remember ever that all or most members were there. We've seen a combination of Clyde, Herrera, Tracy, Dream, Kenny, Chucky, maybe Sam and Horry at these kinds of occasions, but my personal favourites in Thorpe & Maxwell never seem to be there.

Since this special and like no other, will we finally see all guys back together? Thorpe lives nearby and Max has been around, while before he was mostly in legal problems or not really around the game of basketball anymore.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/20th-anniversary-celebration

[​IMG]

Tickets: http://www.houstontoyotacenter.com/events/detail/houston-rockets-vs-denver-nuggets-4

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2015/03/rockets-unveil-legends-lockers-at-toyota-center/

2. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

That is going to be a great game to attend. Hopefully we will have the next group to honor at years end.

Go Rockets!

3. PhiSlammaJamma

Earl Cureton and Tim Breaux will bring it.

4. Gummi Clutch

Gummi Clutch Contributing Member

I still sigh when I think about how Rudy T said he keeps his Rockets rings in his underwear drawer.:(

5. Firebomb525

Firebomb525 Member

Any chance we'll get a Clutchfans discount for this game?

6. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

It's against Denver. They should be giving away these tickets.

7. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Probably not Scott Brooks

8. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Multiple sources confirm Zan Tabak is available to attend.

9. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

Will Maxwell be out on bond by then?

10. CisBuds4U

CisBuds4U Member

Pete Chilcutt and Charles jones?

11. LonghornFan

So ready to see Richard Petruska and TRACY MURRAY!

-Said the slower people in the group.

12. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Very big deal that Otis and Vernon will be there. They are never at any Rocket events. In fact, I remember when I heard that Vernon was at the All-Star Game events in 2013 and I went around feeling like I was chasing a ghost for a day or two trying to get a chance to talk to him. Missed him every time.

13. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Otis and vernon better get lots of love

14. tinman

Supporting Member

If you interview vernon and otis, we need to submit that material for the pulitzer prize.

That would be the greatest interviews in the history of earth

15. LonghornFan

Maxwell had better get a loud ovation. Anyone under 30 probably has no idea what a beast this guy was for us in the most important times and how Jordan owned up and admitted Vernon was one of the best 1 on 1 defensive guards that he played against.

And the night in Portland...I can still remember watching that and freaking out a lil' bit.

16. Another Brother

Another Brother Contributing Member

I think Gene Peterson and Jim Foley should be honored too. To hear them hoot and hollar made the experience all the more memorable.

"How sweet it is"

17. mkahanek

mkahanek Member

I am mixed on Mad Max. Dude did get under MJ's skin. Also key in title number 1. But walking out after Utah game 1 in 95 is a punk move. Honor him. I suppose, but view him as a stand up guy. Nope. He could have been instrumental off the bench but his little ego just could not let him. Very difficult call on this.

18. tinman

Supporting Member

If clutch interviews max and otis, does that mean he's interviewed all the members of clutch city? The important ones not chris jent or Larry Robinson

19. Rocket2008

Rocket2008 Member

I was 90% sure I was correct with that statement, but glad you just confirmed it! Now let's hope for Herrera and we could possibly have the whole rotation of the 93-94 team together :D

Too bad it's in a game vs. Nuggets, going to be a hella boring one..I would've picked the Spurs on April 10th, important game, important rival due to 95 play-offs run and had some big games against them in 93-94 (22-1 with Maxwell game winner) and winning against them on NBC at home to clinch the division I believe it was.

20. pippsux

pippsux Member

What mad max is gonna be in the building?????
    I remember it like it was yesterday....need to do more for those teams 94 and 95