1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I know we won but the refs sucked today....

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cml750, Mar 1, 2015.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

The refs did everything they could to give this game to Lebron and he still choked. :eek: Very poorly officiated game.

1 person likes this.
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Just another day in the NBA

3. Doctor Robert

Doctor Robert Contributing Member

I was thinking the opposite.

4. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

why make a thread for this..? this could easily be mentioned as it already has and is beign talked about in game thread.

5. New Generation

They were perfect until the trouble between Bev and Lebron. Just as the one announcer (Unfamiliar with his name) called it, they stopped swallowing their whistles for the most part after that.

6. TheresTheDagger

I actually disagree with the exception of 2 very biased calls.....one being the weird Lebron/Harden lock up. The other claiming that only .2 seconds elapsed when grabbing a rebound and calling time out. Those 2 calls were INCREDIBLY bad.

Besides that, I felt it was fairly well officiated personally.

7. cml750

cml750 Member

Feel free not to click if it bothers you.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Today, I believe, was the first day of the new 'Grading refs in the final 2 minutes' thing. Interesting to see what they report back. :p

9. cml750

cml750 Member

They should be graded for every game, the entire game.

10. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

Eh. They didn't give LeBron touch fouls or anything. Some really questionable stuff at the end but it wasn't the worst game ever officiated or anything

11. ksny15

ksny15 Member

The Harden no calljustblew my mind .

That play, the one where Lebron bearhugged Harden right before the "kick" and the Mozgof "block" on brewer really irritated me and then the final play was just the icing on the cake

12. cml750

cml750 Member

What about the charge Lebron put on Beverly then they called a foul on Beverly. Not to mention Lebron shoved Beverly to the floor when he tried to get up after that play which should have got him thrown out.

13. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

How LeBron does not get ejected is beyond me. Two scuffles, one tech. I love it.

14. NBAandNFLFan

NBAandNFLFan Member

LeBron was grabbing harden being physical and everything and no whistle... he obviously plays with a different set of rules

15. cml750

cml750 Member

Lebron could have gotten away with murder after the first technical and he did. There is no way the refs would toss him,

16. roflmcwaffles

roflmcwaffles Member

Those 2 were by far the worst. I felt like there were a few phantom calls Lebron got as well (charges called blocks, when harden didn't touch him, that flagrant that at worst should have been a T).

I felt officials leaned heavily towards Cleveland after that Bev/Lebron tie up. Before that it was pretty well officiated I thought (I like the let the play style of officiating a lot).

17. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

They were on a mission for show. Tried their best to help Cleveland and Lebron win this game. But guess what, haha failed attempt.

Great job Rockets for fighting through that adversity

18. lnchan

lnchan Sugar Land Leonard

Sometimes it is nice to not look through a 100 page thread to look for a specific topic's discussion...

1 person likes this.
  19. cml750

cml750 Member

Agreed!!!!!

20. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If this game wasn't on national TV, I think he gets ejected. The Harden/James play should have been a double tech. Neither one stopped after the whistle. Then LeBron continues to talk trash as he's being pulled away by a teammate. Ron Artest has gotten ejected for less. It's all about perception, which is a damn shame.