1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Adam Silver wants League Pass to be able to sell individual games

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Sydeffect, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Sydeffect

Sydeffect Member

Couple of quotes from his SSAC panel.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Silver wants to get to the point where League Pass access can be sold for individual games. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SSAC15?src=hash">#SSAC15</a></p>&mdash; Mason Ginsberg (@MasonGinsberg) <a href="https://twitter.com/MasonGinsberg/status/571433169557323776">February 27, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Jay Riola @jayriola
    Follow

This would be incredible. "We want to get to a point where Twitter highlights lead to purchase of a live game"-Adam Silver #SSAC15 "

2. nemac

nemac Member

Finally? I'm sure a lot of people just want to or can only watch the odd game so a PPV structure would be good.

3. HouStu_Rocket

HouStu_Rocket Member

YYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!

4. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

meh, ballstreams doe

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Yep would love this depending on the price of each game.

6. Rockets025

Rockets025 Rookie

Id pay for individual games but only if they are less than like 5$

I've always thought the popularity of the sport would rise if they just made more games available. What's the point of a 82 game seasons when you don't even have half of the games on tv. I hate when football seasons over and see that there are good games on, but none are on tv

7. a711

a711 Member

Silver Da God.

But really don't care much. Ballstreams 4 life.

8. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

Improve some of these blackout rules, then we'll talk

9. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

This sounds great...but local restrictions need to be re-considered.

10. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

I think he needs to first put out NBATV as a stream as well within their gametime app. I think the price point of league pass BB has been an excellent value overall despite it having gone up.

They need to fix the interfaces though - far to much variance in how the app works on different platforms.

The iPad version is different from the iPhone, the fire tv/fire stick version is different from both of those (and the worst one overall) and the ps4 version is different.

I dont mean just the interface but in terms of content -- I can view the TNT Overtime videos on my iPad but I cant on the ps4.

The gametime app is the best on the iPad - if only they made it uniform across the board. -- again this is at least from my experience (i have no idea how it is on android devices)

With so many games though on NBATV and that channel not being a standard cable channel like ESPN/TNT it makes it really hard to be able to watch games when they are on NBATV. Now the good thing is that they are making national broadcasts available via archive so one could watch the game the next day but usually thats not fun. At least they are doing that now - before national games were not archived at all.

Its a good step but how much would a single game cost? 2 bucks?

I like the idea of having a twitter type swarm or chat room in there for each game making it interactive but if anyone can join in then it will be weird since the LP feed is delayed and sometimes depending on one's internet connection can also buffer placing a person a bit more behind the rest while usually a chat/twitter stream is far more instantaneous. (issue I have when watching games now - i stay off of twitter until a timeout so I dont spoil something by reading a tweet)

It is good though that this is something on Silver's mind -- I think for the most part the consumer is willing to spend for a legit option if the option is good but right now piracy or third parties (like ballstreams) are putting out better quality so people will lean towards those options first.

11. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

I just don't see it being that cheap. Currently LP is $200 for the season w/online free. Right now they're still advertising LP @ $100 for what? 20-30 games per team? About $36 to $40 per month during the season. Get it down to $20 per month during the season then they'll get more subscribers.

12. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

They should set it up like MLB's streaming service.

Or heck, like ballstreams

13. CantGoLeft

CantGoLeft Member

Who still watches baseball? ;) All kidding aside. I watched baseball when I was a kid/teen, but these days how many kids follow baseball?

14. Dave2000

Dave2000 Contributing Member

#14 Dave2000, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2015
  15. yo

yo Contributing Member

Small beans. Fix officiating and make it a more physical game.

16. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

So I already have the league pass. Mostly so I can watch the replays if I miss a game but Im def down.

17. ceonwuka

ceonwuka Member

Great idea. They'll make so much friction money with this.

I'll give it to Silver he isn't just coasting through his Commissionership (is that a word?)

18. Coog4Rockets

Coog4Rockets Member

Ballstreams is life #TYBS

19. VanityHalfBlack

Why would I pay for 1 game when I could get a full season for one low price??? Clutchfans , are you guys falling for this? First the stupid dress and now 1 charge per game? Am I living in the twilight zone or something? What is going on?

20. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

My point is they have the best streaming service. Would be great if the NBA copied them