1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ESPN] Durant, Ibaka and Westbrook have a clique

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by NotChandlerParsons, Feb 20, 2015.

1. NotChandlerParsons

http://espn.go.com/blog/okc-thunder/post/_/id/324/jacksons-okc-exit-a-long-time-coming

This is hilarious. I can't believe the media had the gall to run with that Motiejunas interview where he said he doesn't eat with James and Dwight, but sat on this for years. Sounds like a real mess.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

That "missed dap" gif with Westbrook and Lamb takes on a completely different tone after this article. I thought Westbrook was playing with that stare down. Now I think Lamb was in danger of getting throat punched.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

4. dragician

dragician Member

[​IMG]

5. haydenfisher342

6. haydenfisher342

a little disappointed in Lamb making up for it with a real five.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

Jordan used to punch Steve Kerr in the face during practice, then pass it to him to win titles - literally. Real men don't care about sleepovers and brunch.

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Harden is part of Durant's clique. Durant come to Houston in 2016! :)

9. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Ain't this a trip? I love hearing about it. Anything that weakens a powerful rival is aces in my book, except serious injury, of course. I don't wish that on any player (except for a couple who are long retired, but I digress). So there is trouble in Thunder Land, and they worked hard to "fix" it at the deadline. We'll see if they did. Deuce's comment about Harden being in KD's clique, sending him to the Rockets in '16, was meant primarily as a joke, I'm sure, but is it? The Harden connection may end up being more powerful than many of us believed. Something to watch down the road. 2016 will get here quick enough for me. Times flys when there's more hair in your beard than on top of your head.

10. what

what Member

winning at any cost. if he does come to houston, which is unlikely, but as a fan I don't get the build a team of free agents and so for a title. this is the most empty, soul-crushing way to go about winning a title.

dwight is first and foremost an orlando magic player. durant will forever be a thunder player.

harden is the closest thing you guys have had to a player you drafted because he came over to the rockets before he truly broke out. But damn, that's one reason I soured on the rockets franchsie because unless they hit the jackpot (ming) they don't develop players, a style. It's just a random set of players put together.

One of the reasons I like: gs, okc, spurs, atlanta because they created a style from the players they had.

11. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

They dropped Perkins. Brooks' days have got to be numbered by now. Might be the perfect storm. LA, NY and Nike are going to be there though. I thought McHale was the key to unlocking Love. Didn't work out.

12. RocketsJumer

RocketsJumer Member

And take Ibaka with you to Houston, too, Durant!

Honestly, Jackson was really selfish. No surprise there. But I'm surprised that the OKC locker room is in such dismay to have "cliques".

Must be pretty hard to play in OKC with Durant, Westbrook, Ibaka, Marrow and Waiters taking 90% of the shots. Brooks must scream at young players if they take shots instead of passing to Durant or Westbook lolol

13. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

I don't think there's much to this...you can't expect a locker room not to divide in some kind of way. they are still people with different interests outside of basketball and different personalities, ages. The Rockets have had similar divides the last two years, although I'm not sure anyone fell out of favor with McHale.

I think this is more of an issue with Jackson and it's happening during the year, after a really bad start they needed to make up for. Harden left for similar reasons, but that happened in the summer.

14. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

That's where the relationship between KD and James could be a difference maker. KD already makes a mint from endorsements. He doesn't need to be in New York or LA for that to continue. The contract money offered will be the same anywhere he goes, except if he stays where he is and gets the extra year and higher annual increases. I seriously don't think that will factor into his decision. I also don't think his agent will have a huge amount of influence in where he ends up. I think KD will go where he wants to go. Perhaps that will be Houston. It could happen.

15. Mr. Clutch

Mr. Clutch Contributing Member

What's the seating chart for eating?

16. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

The Rockets never suck enough to draft guys that can be developed into stars. It isn't as if we've traded away guys we drafted and they've broken out as stars elsewhere. That said, I think Motiejunas and Terrence Jones are developing nicely here. And Chandler Parsons did the same, we just opted not to over pay him.

Incidentally, the only guy currently on your team that is worth a damn who was drafted by the Grizz is Mike Conley. I'm not sure you have much ground to stand on here.

#16 Williamson, Feb 20, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  17. what

what Member

Marc Gasol has only played professionally for 1 team: the grizzlies. Mike Conley as you say: grizzlies. Also, need I remind you that the grizzlies traded another developed player (and a superstar player to get Marc) pau.

Zach randolph was unwanted everywhere before he came to the grizzlies. Tony Allen was a good player fore the celtics (and he had that identity as a koke-stopper), but he truly became the top defensive guy on the grizzlies.

Besides Ming, the last TRULY rockets player to make a mark was stevie franchise. Sure you had Parsons (who is overrated) Lin, Dragic, Brooks and others, but the rockets (to me at least) don't have a SOUL. They are after the next greatest thing (whoever that might be).

18. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

Sounds more like a Reggie Jackson issue than anything else

19. Jontro

Jontro Member

But Jerry Lin can has frendz with Durant, Ibaka, en Ninja Turtuls?

20. dron

dron Member

And few hundreds years ago men used to kill each other even without big reason. So maybe they should go back to traditions? What do you think?