1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden's History with the Rockets -- Meme Style

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by xaos, Feb 10, 2015.

1. xaos

xaos Member

Prior to James Harden's time with the Rockets, he was just a guy trying to get paid. He felt as though he was the man, living in the sixth man's shoes. What could've been over there in OKC with arguably three of the top five players in the game? I guess $55.5M wasn't enough. Good choice, Harden.

[​IMG]

Although he had his moments with OKC, he was really remembered for what he didn't do.

[​IMG]

After being sent over to Houston, he was now under the microscope.

[​IMG]

He did quite well his first few games. It was to the point where we were asking, "is this really what he is capable of?" He was scoring 37, 45,... whatever it took!

[​IMG]

That homecoming didn't last THAT long.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Houston's own fans would hate it when the fourth quarter would come by, because they knew Harden was going to go "iso."

[​IMG]

It was pretty bad at one point. Mchale was under a lot of fire. I remember there were threads suggesting we were a better team without Harden because we had ball movement with Lin playing the point (for the record, I understand this view was not the majority view of rational thinkers of the board).

[​IMG]

Harden was so bad at defense at one point, someone decided to make a full youtube video showing his defensive deficiencies.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

After getting rid of some key pieces to the Rockets, Harden wasn't phased. He knew that as long as he was on the team, we would still be a threat. I'm not sure he said it the right way, but he was right.

[​IMG]

I have seen a lot of people saying that if they were to start a team today, Anthony Davis, Lebron James, or Durant would be their guy. James Harden had other opinions during this year's Olympics. James Harden believed he was the best player in the world.

[​IMG]

Now, it's 2015. James Harden is making a legitimate case for MVP and best player in the world. He has put on his super hero mask and decided to go into his full James mode.

[​IMG]

Although there are a lot of online "rankings" that have Curry first. The people who count have James Harden winning two Western Conference Player of the Months. That's in the West. You know, the same conference that Curry plays in? Yeah. I would say Harden is actually leading in the MVP discussion.

[​IMG]

With so much hate that people love to give, I think it is important to appreciate greatness. I mean, if you live life so bitter and angry, you really will miss out on a lot of happiness and enjoyment. It seems like a simple concept. But, that's another discussion. We have something amazing here in Houston. We have someone who has evolved into an MVP candidate. He wasn't drafted to become the league's future MVP. He actually had a lot of critics. This season Harden is having may be a one-hit wonder. It may be the season he "gets it." But, in the meantime, I think it would be a good idea to appreciate the good times while we can.

4 people like this.
  2. xaos

xaos Member

3. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

I enjoy this reading!

4. Wommy

Wommy Member

Propz man. Good stuff.

5. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

6. Remii

Remii Member

Yea... I remember when people were crying about Harden's ISO.... Different day, same ISO, but people praise him now. As they should.

7. xaos

xaos Member

It's to the point where I am surprised when his clutch iso situations do not either go in or turn into something positive. I have also seen him with at least three game-saving defensive plays in the last minute of the game.

8. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

Too much LULZ in this thread. I feel disoriented now!...:eek:

Welcome onboard xaos!

9. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

amazing thanks