1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Anthony Davis is currently sitting on the greatest PER of all time

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by RedRedemption, Jan 28, 2015.

1. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>I can't believe this is true, but it's true: Anthony Davis's current PER (31.9) would be the best of all-time. <a href="http://t.co/lS0LuUdfNg">http://t.co/lS0LuUdfNg</a></p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/560474135910821888">January 28, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He is 21 years old. :eek:

2. Aleron

Aleron Contributing Member

I wonder what Wilt's would have been had they recorded steals, blocks and turnovers

3. dharocks

dharocks Contributing Member

And don't forget offensive rebounds.

Probably in the 40s.

4. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

Yet it's not leading to wins, and he isn't surrounded by garbage.

5. dharocks

The pieces aren't that great either, and they don't fit. Pelicans are in a brutal division, and it's not like they have a bad record.

6. zyt

zyt Member

i will trade half a team for this empty stat guy

7. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

If neither Harden or Davis win MVP I'll be irate. Steph Curry might be the sexy choice, but come on.

8. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Davis has no chance to win because of his team record.

9. conquistador#11

10. Dave_78

Dave_78 Member

Yeah...I can't help but think something isn't adding up. Lebron lead a less talented team to the NBA Finals at around the same age and Dwight lead a slightly more talented team there. I get that he is an amazing young talent but can we really get that excited when his team will almost certainly miss the playoffs? On that note, can we even really judge this kid until actually plays a playoff game?

11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I would trade our whole team, with the possible exception of Harden (and I'm not even sure) for that guy.

(Doesn't hurt that I have him on all my fantasy teams...)

12. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

Which is garbage. The team is on the fringe, without Davis they are lottery bound. He gives that team a pulse.

13. Shaud

Shaud Member

Neither one of those guys would have led their teams that deep in the West that's for sure

14. oakdogg

oakdogg Contributing Member

He doesn't create offense. I think I read on here that 72% of his buckets are assisted. That's a really high number. You can't just dump him the ball in the post and expect good things to happen.

15. oakdogg

To further that, his assist numbers are low - even for a big man. I believe they are under 2, and a good offensive big man should be above 3. I don't think he makes his teammates better on offense.

16. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

17. dharocks

It's not exactly a bad thing when a guy can get you 25 a night without needing to have the ball in his hands.

18. dharocks

He makes his teammates better by being on the court. Davis draws tremendous attention from the defense when he's rolling to the rim. Right now the Pelicans don't have enough shooting to exploit that.

19. downbytheriver

Russ Westbrook was actually ahead of him before KD came back. It's just a stat.

20. oakdogg

Hey, I'm not gonna turn down 25 any way you get it, make no mistake about that! Davis is obviously a beast. I'm disappointed I haven't had a chance to watch more of him. But if I'm talking MVP - most valuable player - I really value the ability to create your own shot and create for others. I want a guy who can penetrate from the perimeter or post up in the paint.