1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

T-Jones Could Play Tonight

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JLOBABYDADDY, Jan 28, 2015.

1. JLOBABYDADDY

JLOBABYDADDY Member

1 person likes this.
  2. conundrum

conundrum Rookie

BREAKING NEWS!

3. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I think people were mentioning it in the other tread about TJones (where is TJones) but I wasn't sure it was announced based on reading that thread. Glad you started this.

4. mrm32

mrm32 Member

If he comes back to how he was playing before I think McHale would put him back in the starting lineup. DMo would be much better served backing up Dwight and bringing some offense off the bench.

5. photojoe

photojoe Member

Is Dwight supposed to play?

Think about it- if both Dwight and TJones play, that would be the first time this team has been fully healthy since....well, I can't even remember when. The first couple of games of the season?

6. photojoe

photojoe Member

He got off to a fantastic start of this season. If he can get back to that level and if D-Mo can maintain the same level he has been playing for most of this season as one of the focal points of our second unit and if Josh Smith can stick to playing defense, running fast breaks, setting up teammates and shooting close to the basket instead of long jump shots.....

That is a lot of if's. But we could have a deadly bigs rotation.

7. JesusAllen

JesusAllen Member

end of josh smith

8. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not as long as Dwight is out. But it will mean reduced minutes when everyone is back(barring a trade).

9. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I wonder how much of his athletic ability will be lost.

Obviously I understand that this was a nerve problem and not a muscle issue, but he probably suffered some muscle loss.

10. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Once TJ will miss couple shots, fans in CF will be yelling for Capela to replace him.

11. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

pretty sure its more like the end of Kpap.

12. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'm a huge TJones fan, so I am thrilled he's ready to return. I don't care who starts, or who comes off the bench. I'll let the coaches figure out what combination of players works best. Dwight and TJones always seemed to work well together, so I wouldn't be surprised if TJones ended up starting at some point in the future. But it doesn't really matter. I'm just glad to see the Rockets have quality depth at both center and power forward. The coaches have a couple of months to experiment with rotations, and figure out what works best.

1 person likes this.
  13. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

How bout Jones & Smith battle it out for Howards minutes until he gets healthy .... Best to keep Howard on the bench till he gets his body right. Timing of Jones return couldn't be better.

14. HamJam

HamJam Contributing Member

We should temper our expectations a bit folks. He is going to have to get his conditioning back first of all, he is going to have to learn to play with his new teammates and the new defensive style -- it is going to take him some time to play himself in shape and into the flow of this team.

I hope is ready to give us 10 to 15 minutes initially, but it might be a slow process for him to get back up to speed folks. I am confident he'll get there, and I think he'll end up really helping this team (if by nothing else allowing McHale to be able to yank Smith for being all Josh Smithy a little faster than he can now). Maybe Dwight will even be able take some games off towards the end of the season in order to rest up for the playoffs.

Also, obligatory plea for Jones not to go stomping on any more enchanted homeless men. Gotta clean that stuff up Terrence.

1 person likes this.
  15. T_Man

T_Man Contributing Member

Bingo....

T_Man

16. DMtheGM

DMtheGM Member

Jones will work his way into the starting line up.
    Dmo will back dwight and josh will back up jones

17. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Smith can be the backup 5/4, and Jones the backup 4. Sometimes, they will hopefully play together. It will be interesting to see how it works out.

18. joeson332

joeson332 Member

dont expect much of an impact but I love it when Im wrong. glad hes healthy

19. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

Once the other teams will get some easy put backs and you will start to lose your mind and begging Dwight to move his ass out of the bench.

20. Houston288South

This really shouldn't be hard to do in my opinion.

First of all, ANYTHING for Dorsey to not see the floor is a PLUS! I would continue to start with D-Mo at the 4, along side Dwight. Then rotate Smith and Jones to play the 4 and the 5 since McHale likes to play small sometimes. D-12 should play in spurts to get him in shape and keep him healthy until the playoffs. Using this rotation will minimize the tread of Dwight while it will give T-Jones an opportunity to get back in game shape.