1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Scouting report: Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by MissouriRocket, Jan 28, 2015.

1. MissouriRocket

Scouting report: Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks
    Posted on January 27, 2015 | By Jenny Dial Creech
    PRINT
    When/where: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Toyota Center

TV/radio: Root Sports; 790 AM, 850 AM (Spanish)

ROCKETS

1. The Rockets have continued to be a force defensively. They are third in the league in causing turnovers, as their opponents average 16.6 turnovers per game.

2. James Harden has entered the top five in steals in the NBA with 1.96 per game. His teammate Trevor Ariza is fourth with 1.98.

3. The Rockets are 4-6 in the last 10 games against the Mavericks. They won the last two, including one this season in Nov., when they took a 95-92 win at the Toyota Center.

More...

http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterocke...ort-rockets-vs-dallas-mavericks-2/#29531101=0

2. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Sorry but our defense has been terrible, we have slipped out of the top 5 recently and Harden & Ariza in top 5 steals is nice if it would be accompanied by great defense as a team! If we allow 120 to the Magic, 128 on average against the Warriors recently, how much you think we will give up to the top scoring team in the league?

3. MissouriRocket

I THINK team defense needs to work by better communication.

4. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

Thanks for posting the link. However, I think it is very bad form to post the whole article -- you deny the author and host site the clicks they need to keep running.

5. dragician

dragician Member

The best stats is the Ws and Ls.

6. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Agreed, and that should be a HUGE factor in tonight's game.

7. Freik

Freik Contributing Member

On the other hand, my company doesn't block clutchfans, yet much of the other articles are either directly blocked or all of the media on the site is blocked and im unable to view. Thanks to the poster for including all of the information in your post.

8. Luke_The_Duke

Luke_The_Duke Member

TEAM DEFENSE would be great. I love it if the Rockets can link up to Chip Kelly because they are well trained and run a heck of alot, something I think the Rockets should be able to do, but they seem to look a bit off. Defend, Rebound, Score, Go Home! #Pursuit #Rockets

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

Isn't our turnovers per game kind of skewed considering we play at such a fast pace that there are many more possessions? 16.6 turnovers is nothing if you have 20 more possessions a game than most teams.

I don't feel like our defense is all that good outside a few players. We looked much better earlier in the season, but now I feel like teams have figured us out and are almost scoring at will.

10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

We are 4th in pace and tied for 4th in defensive efficiency and 14th in offensive efficiency.
    Our turnovers are a problem, but the horrible offensive efficiency is a bigger problem right now.

11. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Said a lot of things about CP, but stupid wasn't one of them :p

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Chandler Parsons on what it takes to beat the Rockets: &quot;James (Harden) is pretty much everything on their team. We stop him, we stop them.&quot;</p>&mdash; Mark Berman (@MarkBermanFox26) <a href="https://twitter.com/MarkBermanFox26/status/560591790156173312">January 29, 2015</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>