1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden carrying the team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Amel, Jan 27, 2015.

1. Amel

Amel Contributing Member

but we already knew that

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

3. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

HOLY CRAP! Thanks, OP.
    I thought I saw this before, but it wasn't such a break away. So you got 2 MVP candidates who have completely broken away from the other candidate Curry. But 1 will get the scoring title and lead his team into the playoffs, while the other's team is headed to the lottery. This should be the smoking gun for Harden MVP.

4. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

Very interesting data...and what makes this forum great in spite of the knee jerk idiots who one day are trading Harden and b****ing about everyone else the next.

Anyone know how the "% of team win shares is exactly computed" ? How about std deviation above teammates? 3 sigma is incredible place to be.

I wonder if historical comparisons of this data are available? Would sure be interesting to see how Harden stacks up against others in past years.

5. dron

dron Member

LOL at everyone who believe that Klay Thompson deserves MVP more and is better player than Harden

6. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

three ball or not, the rockets live by harden and die by harden. hopefully dwight gets 100% after the all star break

7. ilovehtownbb

ilovehtownbb Member

great post!!!:p

8. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

would curry be higher on this chart if the warriors had less wins? if that is the case it would lessen the magnitude of this.

9. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Just makes me more disappointed in Dwight

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Isn't this an indictment of the job Morey has done or the what he still has to do?

Despite all the cycle and recycle from Lin, Asik and Parsons to Terry, Howard and Ariza, we are still being carried by Harden placing an overhwelming burden on him.

At this point, I don't know if it's the roster or coaching. I have to go with coaching since this roster is very well rounded. Our offense is based on ISO's, drive to the rim and 3 ball and Harden is the best in the team at all of those.

11. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Fantastic supporting evidence for Harden's MVP candidacy. The best player on the best team argument is weakened when the second best player on that team is also a superstar, and when the rest of the team is also stacked.

The counterargument that we'd hear if this data went national is obviously "well, Harden has Howard. If Howard isn't putting up win shares, that's Harden's fault for not making his teammates better." Dumb argument for those who have watched Dwight shamble through the season; whatever ratio of injuries to indifference you prefer to attribute that to, Dwight has not been anything like a Klay Thompson and Harden has nothing to do with it.

12. pwnyxpress

pwnyxpress Contributing Member

Haha as if analytics will ever factor in. ESPN/TNT "experts" and various other nba pundits/bloggers still proclaim Klay Thompson the better two way 2-guard even though Harden is miles better than him offensively AND, across EVER defensive analytical metric, better or equal to Klay Thompson (at least when I checked a week ago).

So like huh?

13. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

On one hand I am very happy for Harden and I am hoping he will continue his brilliance in the playoffs.

On the other hand, I am concerned that this formula will lead to another early playoff exit, despite Harden playing his best.

1 person likes this.
  14. CertifiedTroll

This information isn't valid, no such NBA player named Jimmy Buckets.

15. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

Don't those charts also show how ****ty the rest of our team is?

16. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

Yeah this something I say every other day. Glad to see the actual proof. +1

17. Play07

Play07 Member

OP from the Dwight hate thread needs to take a look. $22mil and harden has to do everything.

18. Asian Sensation

We need a playmaking PG in the worst way. This is too much of a burden on Harden.

19. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

This tells me 2 things:

1. We are a one man team wholly dependent on the brilliance of Harden
    2. We NEED a 2nd playmaker, especially if Dwight fails to properly recover

This is why you don't focus on chemistry for the sake of chemistry or just because you like seeing current players playing together. It is not about being fun to watch. It is about WINNING. Chemistry is useless unless you have a team that can WIN.

20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Why point guard? Why not just a playmaking wing or big? I still do not understand why everyone is so bent on getting a playmaking PG. Would it be great if we get one? Yes, but a playmaking PG is NOT a necessity while a secondary playmaker at ANY POSITION is. We should not be limiting our options based on position.