1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets' true answer at PG upgrade

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Dash, Jan 26, 2015.

1. Dash

Dash Member

Brandon Knight.

Bear with me. I just had the most vivid dream of us acquiring him at the trade deadline. Call me crazy but I am super superstitious of vivid dreams and not only that, it makes the most sense out of all the other PG upgrades available right now.

He fits perfectly into our system being an underrated perimeter defender and three point shooter. Above average playmaker when defenses aren't zeroing in on him which they never will be playing beside Harden. Possibly more note worthy is his $5 mil expiring contract.

Now there are quite a few trade scenarios that would work in acquiring Knight but what I found most realistic for both teams is this:

Rockets trade:
    Terrence Jones
    Alexey Shved
    Papanikolaou
    Knicks 2nd Round pick

Bucks trade:
    Brandon Knight
    Irsan Ilyasova

Morey might be able to get away with this without having to give up that draft pick or Jones but im being generous.

Brandon Knight/Beverley
    Harden/Brewer/Terry
    Ariza/Brewer/Ilyasova
    Motiejunas/Smith/Ilyasova
    Howard/Motiejunas/Ilyasova

^^ Now that ladies and gentlemen, are contenders.

2. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

So where do we get the crack? We'll definitely need to get everybody in the Bucks' front office high on crack before proposing this trade.

3 people like this.
  3. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

Well the commentators for the Bucks love Terrence Jones from what i remember... :)

4. baubo

baubo Member

The Bucks are in the midst of one of their most successful seasons, and Knight is their only quality guard. Why would they trade him?

When you look for trade partners, you need to look at failing teams, not teams that are succeeding beyond expectations.

5. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

Add isiah canaan and they might actually do it.

6. cheke64

cheke64 Member

I like his one hit wonder song. Back at 1.

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If Canaan was good enough to land us Knight, we'd be playing him right now. Hell, we should be playing him anyway, but that's a complaint for another thread.

The Bucks are not giving Knight away. They're 22-20, one of the surprise teams in the league, and are going to make the playoffs. The Rockets need to be targeting crappy teams that are going nowhere fast.

Lawson is a possibility since the Nuggets are 18-26, have lost 6 in a row, and are a virtual lock for the lottery. Of course the problem with him is he makes 11 1/2 mil this season(with 2 more seasons left in his deal), so not only does that require a lot of salary sent back in return, but it jeopardizes the neverending Les/Morey 3rd superstar pursuit.

8. i3artow i3aller

We'll need an assist from Stevie on this one.
    Hopefully Francis' connect came come through for us.
    [​IMG]

9. photojoe

photojoe Member

You had a vivid dream? Or you read Bill Simmon's NBA trade value column where he called Brandon Knight a "market max" contract guy after his contract expires?

Knight is pretty good. I don't think they have any interest in trading for him. Especially not for a player who has been injured for a couple of months, two players that don't get much playing time and a second round pick

10. lr22

lr22 Member

So are you gonna play Bayless 48 minutes every night?

11. rocketseagles07

Lol when you guys come up with these trade proposals do you ever actually think about it from the OTHER teams point of view or nah. Lol

12. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Because it totally makes sense for a rebuilding team that is on the cusp of becoming a playoff team to decide "NOW its time" we start shipping out good young players..... Let's start with our starting Point Guard.

Makes complete sense for Milwaukee.

13. CertifiedTroll

I honestly believe that Ty Lawson would be cheaper than Brandon Knight. I don't understand why people think Milwuake, who has a squad of guys under 25 that are mid tier in the east, would blow that **** up..

14. Horry33

Horry33 Contributing Member

You are too generous.

15. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This trade scenario reminds me of all the trade scenarios involving Atlanta Hawks players before the season started. Anyone who watched Atlanta play in the playoffs last year would know they were an up and coming team. You had people on here acting like they were a lottery team ready to give away their players for practically nothing. As if the NOP pick could net us Teague and Hortford. What sounded silly to me then sounds absurd now. Brandon has been balling, there is no way in hell that the Bucks are going to give him to us for Terence Jones and scrubs when Jones has been injured this whole time and they already are winning with the front court they have. What exactly would they replace knight with its not like they are Phoenix with a bunch of point guards verging on all-star status.

16. CDrex

CDrex Contributing Member

Milwaukee would not trade Brandon Knight for anyone less than Harden or Howard. So that proposal is a non-starter.

17. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

They think reality is like 2K, in their minds we have all the potential and the other teams who don't have superstar but also have way better coaches don't therefore they should just give us their players, its silly. A well coached team without superstars can be just as good or better than one with a bad coach and superstars. Ty Lawson would be cheaper because its unlikely his team makes the playoffs and Denver could choose to go in a different direction. Phoenix has a bunch of point guards and they are barely in the playoff race they also could use more scoring in the front court. Teams like Millwauke and Atlanta have no reason to give away their best players because they are in the thick of it.

18. Texanasiafan

Texanasiafan Member

This is one of the reasons why the Rockets is having a better road record than home record.

They deserve better fans.

19. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

^
    Ty Lawson is also unrealistic. Denver would keep him and Faried to start over. Even if it came down to having to trade him, a 13th pick and a PF coming off an injury isn't a good start.
    People were spoiled with the Harden trade. It's not gonna happen again. GMs are more careful.

20. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Lawson having 2 more years on his deal does make him an unrealistic trade target for both Denver and the Rockets(since we're apparently all about "flexibility"). Dragic actually is far more likely to be moved since he has an expiring deal and Phoenix would hate to lose him for nothing. The questions there of course are will the Suns be willing to trade him when they're in the playoff hunt and do the Rockets have anything they want in return aside from D-Mo whom I hope is off-limits.