1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

GSW proved tonight that Harden is the real MVP

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rustyrob, Jan 24, 2015.

1. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

How can Curry be a favorite over James Harden when he has a guy on his team that can score 37 in a quarter? Or have a guy like Bogut (who plays only to his strengths) cover up most of his defensive mistakes. And an obvious "Coach of the Year".
    While James has better stats, dumb coach imo, weaker bench, with a good team record in the west, and without a legit healthy 2nd star or play maker?

Lets see Klay or Curry do what they do when they are the only perimeter offensive threat on a team.

Im sorry but if you replace Harden with any of the other MVP candidate atm, the Rockets would suffer and the other team would rise in the standing or be just as good... I truly do believe that.

I dont think he will win, but he should.

2. Gimmmethemike

Gimmmethemike Member

Obviously... Smh

3. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I hear warriors fans say "Well, the reason our guys play better is because Steph gets them open shots."

Well you know those guys don't watch the Rockets. These guys get open 3s all game long, Bev and Ariza and now Brewer brick most of em.

Harden is the best player in the NBA right now, I think the narrative that he's having to carry more is building, especially after tonight funnily enough. I think if the Rockets finish 3rd then Harden will get it.

4. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

GSW will be too successful, and curry too popular, for james to win MVP. he'll be runner up.

the only chance james has is if we rise in the standings to maybe #2 behind GSW. he'll have to win the scoring title, and probably make people take note of his defense somehow as well.

5. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

The Curry narrative is too strong for Harden to win at this point. Golden State is going to be the #1 seed. The media definitely wants Curry to win it over Harden. It is what it is.

Curry's obviously very deserving, no doubt about it, but he's not as valuable as Harden. Harden doesn't have near the supporting cast or coaching. Not even really all that debatable at this point, honestly. Replace Curry with an average point guard and the Warriors are still easily in the playoffs probably fighting for home court in the first round. Replace Harden with an average shooting guard and the Rockets are well into the lottery.

6. archinkent

archinkent Member

It will be the same case as Nash a few years ago. Curry will win MVP and Kerr will win COY.

7. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

"And Apparently, I never be on live television before"

8. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

Lol people on twitter are saying that Klays better than Harden now.

So GSW fans think they basically have the 2 best players in the league lol

9. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Curry proved he can make his teammates better.

10. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

This narrative to prop down Curry is pathetic. MVP always goes to the best player on the best team. Currys team is 8 games better than ours including 4-0. The Warriors are on a historic pace offensively and defensively. Statistically they are even. As of today, Curry is MVP.

11. Kwame

Kwame Contributing Member

I'm sure the Warriors couldn't care less. Their eyes are on a much bigger prize while Rockets fans are left to wonder whether this team is going to be eliminated in the 1st round of the playoffs yet again.

12. PhatPharaoh

PhatPharaoh Member

how exactly are they even statistically? harden is definitely putting up better stats than curry, and if you take into account the supporting cast/coaching harden is definitely more valuable to his team than curry is...

13. Jmcballer88

Jmcballer88 Contributing Member

I agree Thompson is playing phenomenal and harden doesn't have a true second banana. Replace curry with an averge point guard golden state is still good. Replace harden with an average shooting guard and the rockets are terrible.

14. JoeBarelyCares

JoeBarelyCares Contributing Member

Yep, looks like Houston will have 2 runner up MVPs that should have won.

15. dachuda86

dachuda86 Member

This...

16. rustyrob

rustyrob Member

I don't deny that... I wont even argue with ppl who think Curry is better than Harden... I just think Harden is more valuable to his team than Curry is.

17. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

GSW has the top candidates for COY, MVP and maybe even DPOY and MIP. If they keep it up, the narrative is set in stone for EOY awards.

Nothing harden can do about it but carry us to the promised land.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

You can easily say that curry and thompson are better than Harden plus any other Rocket sidekick

19. lunaticrocket

lunaticrocket Rookie

To me the fact that they swept us has now sealed the MVP for Curry. I love Harden and I think there is no doubt in my mind that he is playing better basketball than Curry right now. But if I could cast a vote in the MVP ballot, it would be very hard for me to vote for Harden when I saw that the other candidate's team beat us 4-0. Regardless of Curry's stronger supporting cast, you would expect an MVP Harden to at least completely own one of these games.

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Can they hand the ball to Curry when the game is tight and ride him to victory the way Harden has done so many times this season? To me, that's what an MVP is. Give them the ball when you want to win. Curry is on a very good team that is 6-8 quality players deep.