1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ironically we are very close to our 1994 team

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by NL Rocket, Dec 28, 2014.

1. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

People say you need a top 10 defense and offense to have even a chance at winning a championship. Right now we are 2nd in defense and 18th in offense. Guess what? Our 'Clutch City' team was 2nd in defensive efficiency and only 15th in offense. I'm not saying we are like that team, just pointing out that it's possible.

Just for fun, there are some similarities:
    - around this time they were 10-0 in games decided under 7 points, we are 9-0
    - PPG around 100 and winning when scoring 100+ (lost only a handful of games when scoring 100+ in 93-94)
    - clutch plays. Back then we had Maxwell and Dream to rely on, now we have Harden and Jet (kind of ;)

2. t_mac1

t_mac1 Contributing Member

Hakeem was a beast in the regular season that year. And he became an alien in the playoffs.

Harden has been a beast so far this year. Now we need him to become Super Sayan in the playoffs and the team has a chance with anyone.

Dwight stop playing like a punk would help too.

3. BasketballReasons

BasketballReasons Contributing Member

If Harden can show up in the playoffs this year (not like last year) and Dwight can play like he did, then we have a serious chance.
    Dwight turns it on during the playoffs. He was fantastic last year.

4. Buck Turgidson

How is that in any way ironic?

1 person likes this.
  5. Niaperzly

Niaperzly Member

This was my first thought as well.

6. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

I forgot, guess it's more coincidental that of all the teams that could've had top 10 offense / defense and the other outside of the top 10, it was a Rockets team. And it's bs you need both in top 10. 94-95 team as well by the way ;)

7. HAYJON02

HAYJON02 Contributing Member

Thank you!

8. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Irregardless, their are moor ways to wrongfully utilize words like ironically then thoughs that have a better cents of normality.

9. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Wow nerd police on the move

10. oogie boogie

oogie boogie Member

I have no doubt that Dwight will show up in the playoffs. I think he's taking the back seat right now, but when it's playoff time he's going to play like a monster. He's letting James grow into a man I think.

11. Know Your Role

We don't have a Carl Herrera.

12. bootsdaddy

bootsdaddy Member

We do...Rockets dont