1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What kind of money will Goran Dragic get paid this summer?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by basketballholic, Dec 21, 2014.

?

What kind of money will Goran Dragic get paid on his next contract?

1. CP3 money - super max deal approx 5 yrs/$100 million

3 vote(s)
    4.5%
  2. Eric Bledsoe money - 5 yrs/$70 million

31 vote(s)
    46.3%
  3. Ricky Rubio money - 4 yrs/$55 million or 5 yrs/$60 million

17 vote(s)
    25.4%
  4. Lowry/Kemba money - 4 yrs/$48 million

14 vote(s)
    20.9%
  5. Less than 4yrs/$48

2 vote(s)
    3.0%
  1. basketballholic

Remember he'll be in the same point guard free agent class as Rajon Rondo, Reggie Jackson, Brandon Knight, and Pat Beverley this summer.

And he will also be a 7-year vet eligible for a max 30% of the cap contract.

2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

4 years, $12-$15 million per year.

3. Lorenzomax

Lorenzomax Rookie

4 years 14 mil per yr

or

5 years 12.5 mil per yr

4. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Bledsoe money I think. Bledsoe got that contract because of his minimal leverage as a RFA. Though no team had max money to spend I think this is what both parties agreed to the value of him as a player. There are a number of teams with cap space this summer (nyk and LAL) to name a couple and he's right up at the top of the FA list (particularly of FA likely to leave their current teams and bird right behind). I also think a lot of GM's will be a little spend happy believing a cap bump is coming too the following year.

4 year max if he leaves ($80 million)
    5 year close to max if he stays with the team with bird rights ($85-90).

That's top end. If the market wasn't abnormal I think the normal contract would be 4/60 or 5/70. Parsons contact is an indicator for me of how GM's are already beginning to shift the value of these players with more cap space coming down the pipeline.

#4 Rox>Mavs, Dec 22, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014
  5. freemaniam

freemaniam 我是自由人

Lowry's money is about right I guess. But I doubt he will have Lowry's level of production on the court.

6. HMMMHMM

HMMMHMM Contributing Member

4-years, $14-15M/year ... perhaps more if the Knicks knicks.

7. smoothie

smoothie Jabari Jungle

i'd say lowry money is fair, but money talks. teams like the knicks and lakers could overpay just to stay relevant.

that's why its important to nab him by the deadline and get an extension in place.

8. basketballholic

I'm not asking what is fair. I'm asking what you think he's going to get paid. Is LA or NY going to offer him a full 4-year max. Will PHX or whatever team he is playing for at the deadlien offer him more than the 4-year max to keep him?

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I fully expect Dragic to be traded and the new team will re-sign him.

No way the Suns sign him to a big contract after already paying Bledsoe. The talk about them wanting to keep Dragic and trade someone else away is just smoke and mirrors.

If in February somehow the Suns believe they have a legit shot at the playoffs, maybe they keep him the entire season. That would be very irresponsible.