1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Root Sports Question

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Rock MVP, Dec 16, 2014.

Tags:
  1. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Hey guys,

Sorry in advance if this is in the wrong area. I am changing my TV provider and would like to get Root Sports. I'm exploring Comcast and Direct TV. I saw that Root Sports Southwest is on the comcast basic package, but it is only in the premier package on direct TV. Is this what it is or am I reading this wrong?

I would love input from people who have comcast or direct TV.

1 person likes this.
  2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I have comcast. Root sports is channel 39. So far no issues although I preferred the CSN on air product

3. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Ya comcast has Root Sports on its basic package, but Direct TV (on their website) has it on its premier package which is like $99/month.

4. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

If cost is the deciding factor , go with Comsuck.

But if you want the better product and are willing to pay the extra $$ , go with Direct TV.

I (my wife) recently moved to Comsuck from Direct TV and I really wish we hadn't made the change. The features on DTV are much better & I cant stand hitting the ff or rw buttons then hitting stop or play and the damn thing just keeps going .... stops when it gets damn good and ready.

Not to mention Comsucks customer service is as bad as it gets.
    They had to run a new line to my house from the main line , took them two weeks to get here and 2 months to get someone out here to bury the thing.

I'll definitely be going back to DTV once the contract is up.

5. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Any weather outages?

I hate having a dish anywhere on house or property. I dumped dish yrs ago due to weather outages and the lack of rox games - not the recent rox-blk-out- it was maybe 4-5 yrs ago.

6. meadowlark

meadowlark Member

I recently switched from DISH to Direct TV in order to get the Rockets games. The agent told me I would get ROOT Sports S/W as part of my local channels regardless of which package I choose. I wound up taking "choice" package and then later moved up to "extra" to get NBA TV....and ROOT Sports S/W was on both of those packages.

I'm very happy I made the switch.

7. HR Dept

HR Dept Contributing Member

This. OP, are you in the Houston area? I would think that Root Sports would be available on all but the most lean packages that offered in the Houston area.

Also, if you make the switch send me an email before you do. That way you can use me as a referral and we'll both save $10 a month off our bills for the next 10 months. Check your rep for my email.

8. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Hey I haven't made the switch yet. I called them last night and they confirmed what you guys said. I'll use you for referral. send me your email if you havent already

9. cland

cland New Member

U-verse has it on its U200 package. IMHO I wouldn't sign up with Comcast unless that's your only option.

10. newAge_Rockets

Yeah stay away from Comcast. I've had DirecTV and Uverse and they're both sooooooooo much better than Comcast. DirecTV is just overall stunning and the best, and AT&T is good bang for your buck.

11. Scionxa

Scionxa Contributing Member

AT&T is good bang for your buck but my god the picture quality is atrocious. That isn't HD. That's like a 720p Netflix video

12. HR Dept

I sent it to you in your rep. Click the User CP link and you should see it there. Thanks!

13. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Hey Buddy,

So I couldnt order it online because my new address wasn't available. I called in and they said they could do it over the phone.

They said I needed either your (1) Account # or (2) Last Name, Phone Number, and zip Code and we get $100 off of our bills each. I didn't know how to PM you back. Sorry

14. HR Dept

Here's my account #: 36959892

15. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I'll just weigh in and say I'm with Comcast and have the X1 system and it has been working flawlessly. I've had Direct TV in the past, and I liked it, but this X1 system is the best set up I've ever had. It's true that Comcast customer service can be frustrating, but I can tell you horror stories about other companies I've dealt with also.

16. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'd had DTV for ~6 years and never had loss of signal due to weather issues ... other than those storms that knocked everything out including the power.

I'd had Comcast before getting DTV , their customer service was piss poor then too. Hell it was bad when they were Roadrunner ....
    Never had a problem with DTV customer service. Always prompt and done right the first time.

The other thing with Comsuck is that you have to get the package , TV , internet & phone to get that particular system ..... I have no use for two of those. I have get my internet free thru AT&T and have no use for the phone. Everyone in the house has their own cell .... makes keeping up with three kids much easier and a home phone redundant.

They all piss me off in that they give new customers a cheap price .... and stick a fork in long time customers. They do all they can to get your business but nothing to keep it.

17. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

Perfect. I plan to sign up tomorrow.

18. cml750

cml750 Member

You will not be sorry. Direct TV is great. I have been an extremely satisfied customer since 2010. My only complaint was that I could not watch the Rockets the last two seasons but being in the Beaumont area there were no providers that carried the games. I am so happy now to have the Root Sports station.

19. The Rock MVP

The Rock MVP Member

You should have $10 off for 10 months. I just signed up

20. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

Clutchfans is such a beautiful place. It's the best set of 59,000(and growing) friends you'll ever have.