1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

?

Who's the better player?

1. Terrence

155 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. DMo

53 vote(s)
    25.5%
  1. basketballholic

Who's better - Terrence or DMo

2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jones has proven to be the better and more consistent offensive player. DMo the better and more consistent defensive player.

We'll see how things look down the line.

3. kjhwang

kjhwang Member

Dmo's getting more confidence with every game. Hard to say.

4. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Serious thread or what??

As a starter:
    DMo is averaging 7 and 6 through 9 games
    42% from the field (20% from 3)

Jones was 14 and 8 before he went down, and was 52% from the field (46 from 3).
    Last season he was 13 and 7 as a starter.

I'm thrilled to bits about the progress DMo has made, and how he has played the last 3 games, but he has a long way to go before he becomes as good as Jones.
    Also, DMo looks to be at his best because he is getting the C spot on offence.

5. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

Problem with Jones is his basketball IQ and work ethic- he has all the physical talent to be great

Problem with D-Mo is his confidence and his anxiety which causes him to rush things- he has the IQ and Effort

Jones has the most upside. However, I don't think he will ever develop good basketball IQ.. I do think his work ethic will improve but I base that off of him being so young- surely aspects like that will mature

My verdict: D-Mo is the better player

Jones doesn't put forth 100% effort- you don't know which one your going to get- the one who stands around thinking about everything but basketball or the Jones that balls hard...

D-Mo always goes hard- so I take him. In the words of the great Rudy T "Don't ever under estimate the heart of a champion" so I am biased, I'm going to go with the harder worker. Jones will also never develop the post skills D-Mo has(vice versa D-Mo will never block shots like Jones)

#5 Realjad, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
  6. bluffkin

bluffkin Member

Jones has shown flashes of All Star potential, Dmo and Jones needs to show consistency.

Right now it's easy to forget Tjones as Dmo is filling in nicely but to your question Jones is better.

This could turn out to be another Scolandry and that would be a nice thing to have in the playoffs.

7. omgTHEpotential

DMo. He's demolishing T-Jones in advanced defensive stats.

8. conquistador#11

dmo looks much doughier but that's just the look he has going on right now with the hairy face. underneath that jesey, is a lot muscle. stop calling our players fattt!? he's a man.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Easily DMo, he has the best post game on the team and is the 2nd best defensive big man on the team. Jones has potential, but hasn't realized it yet.

10. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Jones, easily.

Much better fit alongside Dwight as well. DMo is at his best close to the basket, if Dwight's there he fades. We need Jones in there with Dwight to be a threat further away from the basket.

DMo is playing the best basketball of his career the past few games though, I will give him that. If he can give us half of what he gave us in the Kings game the rest of the season it will be a major upgrade.

11. newAge_Rockets

Terrence is the better player, but D-Mo will be huge off the bench. If he could be a legitimate backup center, we could limit Dwight's minutes and be fresh come playoff time. His defense is miles ahead of what it used to be.

Thanks TR Dunn.

12. rockbox

rockbox Around before clutchcity.com

I think T-Mo is better. Play the hot hand and have D-mo back up the 5 spot. With Dwight's knee, that might be a lots of minutes.

13. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Who's better - jopatmc or basketballholic

2 people like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

A lot of what DMo does .... doesn't show up in the box score. His help defense , setting pick after pick on the offensive end and hockey assists are all easily overlooked ..... Despite the difference in stats , I think its a legit question as to who the better player is. Hard one for me to answer ....

15. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

D-Mo has been a much better defender for a while, but he has often been a major liability on offense. D-Mo's basketball awareness is leaps and bounds better than Jones, but Jones has been a much, much more reliable finisher than D-Mo.

They are basically equal rebounders over the last 2 years, Jones has just played more minutes. (9.2 per 36 for Jones, 8.5 for D-Mo) D-Mo is much better at boxing out.

It's really close, I give D-Mo a slight edge right now mainly because it's a small sample, but if the D-Mo we've seen recently sticks there's not even a debate.

16. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Howard, Jones, D-Mo. Pick any two. That looks like a great front court rotation to me. Who is better? Who knows. I just would love to see the 96 minutes available at the 4 & 5 to be partitioned between those three bigs. I don't ever want to see Dorsey again to be honest.

17. nobie

nobie Member

Jones is better right now. DMo can be extremely good though. Imagine Dwight DMo and TJ rotation.
    C - DH 36mins, DMo 12mins
    PF - TJ 30mins, DMo 18mins.

18. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

I would agree based on last season. But it is simply not true this season (so far).

Jones started out exceptionally well defensively (he ranks as a +3.0 defender according to basketball reference's advanced stats - which is really quite good. Howard is +3.0, Motie +2.3).

I'd expect Motie to be a better defender this year, but I would prefer it if Jones kept up his early season defence on his return (not because I like one or the other, but because it would give us close to a championship quality frontcourt!)

19. NotChandlerParsons

Where's the "eh" option. D-Mo's defense has been good, Jones still probably has much better touch around the basket and, last night's awesome pass aside, handles. Still don't really understand what all the fuss is about.

20. HRox832

HRox832 Member

Some of you guys forget what Terrence Jones was doing before his injury. He was putting up 14/8/2 and he's a more consistent player than D-Mo. Don't get me wrong, I actually like D-Mo and I love what he has been doing, but he's not a better player than Jones. If he wants to be better, than he has to be more consistent.