1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    Where will the Houston Rockets pick in the 2024 NBA Draft? We're watching the NBA Draft Lottery results live on Sunday, with the room discussion starting at 1:30pm CT. Come join us!

NBA Draft Lottery - LIVE!

Grantland and what we know about the season so far.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by treyk3, Nov 26, 2014.

1. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I think this picture is so beautiful.

[​IMG]

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/nba-shootaround-what-do-we-know-after-one-month/

The defensive effort of this team is finally getting some national recognition. I believe in the long run as our roster begins to round out into its final form and some depth is added, we could be a serious threat.

#1 treyk3, Nov 26, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

I'm at a loss for words. This is beautiful.

3. SC1211

SC1211 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I've been blown away by our defense this year. Say what you will about McHale's ability to manage the game offensively, but his effort (along with TR Dunn's I suspect) is starting to pay off. Harden looks great, Ariza was already great, but I'm mostly impressed with how the role players are managing. D-Mo, Terry, Garcia, and Canaan all look more than capable on that end of the floor this year.

4. onreego

onreego Member

I guess the 3s and Free throws aren't fun to watch.

5. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

It's beautiful when everything goes in (see: 1st Half vs Dallas) but it's horrific basketball when it doesn't (see: 2nd Half vs Dallas)

1 person likes this.
  6. treyk3

treyk3 Member

D-Mo is really coming into his own, two consecutive solid games from him is a first. I really think he can become a good rotational player. Papanikolaou is getting real minutes as a rookie and that tells me McHale sees a lot in him. He's been my favorite player to watch this season. He does so many little things despite making some rookie mistakes here and there. He really is a great player in my mind.

My one concern is Canaan's playing time, he looks great out there yet when Beverly is healthy he sees no time. Also, Daniels has been a bit disappointing this season too, I'd like to see him get into a rhythm with more play time.

James Harden is playing great defense and is having an MVP type start despite just now finding his three point shot.

This team is proving to me at least that we needed some bulldogs and Beverly couldn't do it by himself.

There are going to be stretches where it's going to get ugly, as we saw with the little 5 game stretch after Mexico, but those will be expected and throughout those times people are going to panic but the best thing to note is that Dwight has not found his offensive game yet this season and James is just now finding his shot. We have a lot of room for internal improvement and we have two very good trade pieces in the TPE and the NOP pick as they continue to falter.

7. onreego

onreego Member

Also, the Lakers game. -_-

8. Roc Paint

Roc Paint Contributing Member

The Bermuda circle. :eek:

9. ipaman

ipaman Contributing Member

I'm surprised none of y'all picked up this quote in the article.

10. Jake Tower

Jake Tower Member

This is the first and last time Texarkana will ever be mentioned in a positive light.

11. treyk3

treyk3 Member

I hope we are the worst team in the league to watch for everyone, they said that about the Spurs in the oughts and it was only recently that people got excited about the read and react. Keep not watching us as we collect our rings.

12. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Andrew Sharp is the most infuriating writer on Grantland. He never has any new opinion other than "I hate watching the Rockets, they are the worst." It's a broken record hot take.

13. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

Also the Philly, Thunder, and Warriors games.

14. RoxBeliever

RoxBeliever Member

So we have the league's best defense and we get only one freakin' line in the whole article???

Boo!

Wait till we get healthy and beat all our rivals in the SW division.

15. Pizza_Da_Hut

Pizza_Da_Hut I put on pants for this?

One line is good enough for me. Simple. Easy. To the point. It doesn't go on and on and on about us. It makes the point simply. It's beautiful, elegant, and to the point. I like it.

16. steddinotayto

Most of their writers have an allegiance to another team that makes them blind to the rest of the league.

Concepcion's love of Parsons/Mavs
    Sharp's love of the Wizards

17. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

2-1 (2-2 if you count the Lakers). And those were the worst games of the young season. It has been much much worse in Rocket Land.

18. jtr

jtr Contributing Member

Pretty damn much sir!

19. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

Yes, but it's ugly when any team has a horrid night shooting, and it happens to all teams. This year though, our defense is allowing us to win even we don't shoot our very best. At 10-3, with injury problems most of the year, I can't complain.

20. steddinotayto

The original post I replied to talked about how our team's game isn't exciting, not whether or not it's effective.

I'm not complaining either but you can't say that the Rockets have played beautiful basketball. The one silver lining is that I've never seen a Rockets team swing the ball around selflessly so much in all my years as a fan.