1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Terrence Jones appears unlikely to be ready anytime soon

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by The Cat, Nov 20, 2014.

1. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

1 person likes this.
  2. drowsy12

drowsy12 Member

Asik 2.0

Came out of nowhere. One game to few games to a month to who the **** knows.

this sucks

3. Dhoward12

Dhoward12 Member

****..This is the worst thing that could have happened.

Wouldnt surprise me to See the Rockets Staff More Careful with Dwight, If He injures that Knee any further to where he is out weeks to months the Rockets will be fcked.

4. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Thanks so much for the article. I was looking for all we know in one place.

5. Cstyle42

Cstyle42 Member

Yep sounds about right this is Houston sports.

6. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

Next thing you know Dwight spends the entirety of his contract in prison.
    Harden becomes obese.
    Beverley dies from exhaustion.

What the **** man.

7. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

8. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

DMo as the best PF on a contender? Not likely.

9. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Jones haters will finally see the light

10. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

no they won't

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Don't think there are many TJ haters...a reliable stretch 4 is just so critical to this team that many think we can greatly improve with an upgrade.

12. KlutchQT

KlutchQT Contributing Member

In before basketballholic's "He doesn't make a difference anyway."

13. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Or the dreaded Terrance _ones

14. OremLK

OremLK Member

And this is why depth matters. Tarik Black and Donatas Motiejunas as our frontcourt... *shudder*

Morey needs to make a trade STAT.

15. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Devastating injury, considering he's the only rotation-quality big man we have outside of Dwight.

Very disappointing to start the year off this way, hopefully he's back before the new year or we will be very unlikely to have HCA in the playoffs.

16. gigantism

gigantism Member

Damn, this season went to hell in a handbasket quickly.

1 person likes this.
  17. Liberon

Liberon Rookie

I see the Rox doing what Philly did to an injured Ratliff when they traded him for Mutombo.

18. Victorious

Victorious Member

Yeah there was a doctor, not related to the team, on the 610 morning show that said at worst, it would be 6 months. And he also talked about how this injury is hard to put a timetable on it because he could regain the strength in 2 weeks or 2 months.

19. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

I'm no Jones hater .... but I do realize his flaws & I believe those flaws are magnified by the offensive system.

Jones needs to get his touches in the flow of the offense as a finisher at the rim or within 12 feet .... Not out at the 3 point line or as the hockey assist guy because he neither shoots well enough nor makes quick enough decisions with the ball for those roles.

This whole offensive system sucks IMO ....
    Dwight in the post has four outcomes , three of them bad. Made bucket (Good) , Missed shot (Bad) , FT's (Bad as he shoots a horrible percentage) & finally a turnover (BAD!). I recently read a stat that Howard turns the ball over on 37% of his post touches .... combine that with the other bad options and its not a good idea.

Harden ISO .... Harden's great and all but no one else is doing much of anything in these situations. Then you have the many times where the shot clock is run down doing nothing & Harden is forced to take a bad shot or pass to someone else .... who is often not open either.

They really need to go add another ball handler with a decent mid range game , able to finish at the rim & isn't a poor defender .... this guy can be the primary ball handler when Harden is not on the floor .... and we can pick & roll teams to death with Dwight & Jones as the pick man & the other roaming the baseline. Harden still has the ball in his hands & gets to the rim / line but Howard gets his touches via rolls to the basket instead of posting up while nothing changes for the outside shooters ....

I really miss Adleman's offense .... I like the idea of Morey & McHales 3 and layup design and it can be a large part of the offense but posting Howard or having DMo & Jones shooting 3's or Harden dribbling out the shot clock while everyone else watches just isn't going to work .... Howard cant hold Hakeem's jock as a post scorrer , Jones & DMo aren't in the same league as Bosh , Love or Frye as shooters ..... and Harden cant do it all on his own , everyone has to be involved.

20. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The Cat, besides being a good read when you post in a thread, you've really become a valuable contributor to ClutchFans. I always enjoy the columns you've begun to write on a fairly regular basis and this column is a good example, being exactly what I needed to read about Jones. I didn't have a clear picture of just what the heck is going on. Sure, it's still a bit foggy, but not your fault. Thanks, and meow!