1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. Watching NBA Action
    PACERS vs KNICKS Game 2: Come join Clutch as we're watching NBA playoff action live!

LIVE: NBA Playoffs!
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Feel About Jason Terry Now?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ima_drummer2k, Nov 13, 2014.

1. ima_drummer2k

ima_drummer2k Contributing Member

If you're like me, you HATED this signing initially because.....well, do I really have to explain?

After a few weeks, I've changed my mind. He's doing exactly what he was brought here to to. Spark off the bench (not bad for a 37 year old), shooting over 50% from behind the arc, veteran leadership.

He's finally healthy and has accepted his role on this team. I'm really starting to love this signing.

I guess if I can learn to like Kevin McHale (who I DESPISED as a player), I can learn to like Jason Terry too.

1 person likes this.
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i loved jason terry before and i love him now. i'm so glad we signed him.

3. DCkid

DCkid Contributing Member

Doing to other teams what he's done to us for years (seems like decades). He has this knack for just flat out breaking a team's spirit by draining 3's at opportune times.

Could be on one of the better "sneaky" acquisitions this off-season. Giving us what we missed last season when Delfino left.

4. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

i can't wait for him to hit a dagger 3 on dallas in dallas and do the FLYING JET WINGS as he runs back on defense!

5. HeWhoIsLunchbox

HeWhoIsLunchbox Contributing Member

I always hated Terry because of the way he played against the Rockets. But I didn't dislike him as a person. He never came off as a mega-douche like Derek Fisher.

Now that he's on the team, I love the guy. By all accounts, he's an amazing locker room presence. And he's actually performing pretty well on the court. The only negative so far is that he's had trouble fighting through screens on defense.

6. juicystream

juicystream Contributing Member

I still don't like McHale.

I like Terry. I've wanted him on the Rockets since I was a kid watching Hawks games all the time. I hated that he played for the Mavs, and I hated what he did to us, but I never really hated him. When we got him, I was a skeptic about what value he would have, but have been thrilled to see him play. Without him, I think this team would struggle to make the playoffs, especially with Beverley continuing to be a bit injury-prone.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I was really concerned about losing Lin. Terry (along with Canaan) have really alleviated my concerns to the point where I think we're better off. Not necessarily because they're worse/better players than Lin (I have zero interest in that debate) - but because they are just much better fits. This team needed guys backing up the 1/2 who can hit 3's with ease and fit in with the team rather than having the team encompass some otherwise conflicting skills.

Jason Terry, whether he has the ball or not, when on the floor with James Harden impacts the game every second he's on the floor. For Lin, his impact was based on whether his 3pt shot was falling or the other team gave him a decent path to the hoop. With Terry, just standing on the 3pt line makes the game easier, opens up passes, gives our stars breathing room.

I love it. I think he was acquired assuming he may not be able to produce on the court anymore and more as an asset. He's proving me wrong.

8. Moonscope

Moonscope Member

I like what he is bringing to this team, good shooting, vet presence.

I also like what K-Pap is doing on the court too.

Unfortunately, if Morey is to make a big money trade this season, it's likely both will need to be included which will hurt more now that we're getting attached to their play and demeanour than it did before the season started.

9. Rip Van Rocket

Rip Van Rocket Contributing Member

I thought he would be keeping Francisco company at the end of the bench. I thought is career was about done. Turns out he's a big part of this years team. I like the fact that he appears to be having a lot of fun playing, and is providing some needed veteran leadership.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

I think Terry is a gentleman and a scholar. We should retire Terry's jersey.

1 person likes this.
  11. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I never had a problem with the trade. I didn't know if he had anything left in the tank when he was acquired, but I figured at worst he'd be a nice fat contract to throw into a midseason trade.

That being said, if he can keep this up the rest of the year, Morey sure as hell better not trade Terry unless we're getting an All-Star caliber player in return. His 3-point shooting and championship veteran leadership has been huge. Shoot, I'm hoping they find a way to bring him back beyond this season(at a lower price of course).

12. zaam

zaam Contributing Member

I wonder if Morey had any inkling of an idea that acquiring Terry would work out as well as it has. Rocket fans either had animosity, or at the very least, antipathy about the move; and that seemed to sort of delay the recognition of how much he is contributing. Despite the national media's lamenting about the Rockets'' offseason failures, this team as it currently stands looks better than last year's. Jason Terry is a solid part of that.

#12 zaam, Nov 13, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2014
  13. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

repped. :)

1 person likes this.
  14. Salvy

Salvy Member

Right back at ya... Great minds think alike....

15. Sadat X

Sadat X Member

[​IMG]

16. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I like any player who comes on the Rockets except borderline undeserving scrubs like Dorsey. I ensured that he would be a big signing for us and not just trade fodder.

My pre-season expectations for Terry was for him to hit 2-3 3's a game at over 40% while providing leadership and tutorship to guys like Daniels.

He has exceeded my expectations so far.

17. Salvy

Salvy Member

I like him better in red...

[​IMG]

18. WinkFan

WinkFan Contributing Member

I'm not like you. I just want better players. If a guy is a "Rocket killer", then he might be someone who could help us win.

19. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

If he can sustain this through the playoffs, he will finally win me over.

20. awc713

awc713 Member

I'm really glad he proved me wrong. I hated his antics as a player, but now I better understand them. He really does heavily rely on energy (from the crowd, his teammates); I just thought he was trying to be obnoxious as a Mav.

I'm also glad I understand his nickname--JET is his initials. I respect him a lot more after learning the origin of his nickname; I thought he was just ripping off our guy Kenny Smith.