1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Was The Jeremy Lin Trade A Blessing In Disguise?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Andrew Wiggins, Nov 6, 2014.

?

Would you redo the Lin Trade?

1. Yes.

114 vote(s)
    74.5%
  2. No.

27 vote(s)
    17.6%
  3. No, but only if McHale benches Lin (keep the pick, forget Lin).

12 vote(s)
    7.8%
  1. Andrew Wiggins

Canaan looked great out there tonight. He shut Parker down on defense and he did a good job of spreading the floor and playing off the ball. Teams would always cheat off Lin and sometimes Harden would pass it to him only to watch him brick it most of the time. Lin's defense was also suspect. Now, we get to watch Canaan and Terry get most of the backup PG minutes behind Beverley.

Canaan is averaging
    7 PPG
    47.4% shooting from 3
    41.4 FG% (mostly threes)
    1.6 APG
    1.2 TO
    1 steal
    18.8 MPG.

Lin is averaging
    10.8 PPG
    33.3% from three
    37.8 FG%
    5 APG
    3.4 TO
    0.4 steal
    28.8 MPG

Was the Lin trade forced by Chris Bosh a blessing in disguise?

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

it was not exactly forced by Bosh trade

he was gone either way, wasn't worth the money nor drama

3. spdngyns69

spdngyns69 Member

4. Andrew Wiggins

I disagree. IIRC, Morey called LA to do the trade after he had word from Bosh that he was coming to Houston. Then Bosh was offered the max and you know the rest. Morey was not bluffing when he said he had trades lined up for Omer and Lin if a star decided to sin with the Rockets.

5. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

A blessing in the skies

1 person likes this.
  6. RV6

RV6 Contributing Member

Not sure that fits the definition of a blessing in disguise...

Now, if Chandler had full control to pick Dallas and we had to scramble for Ariza, then that would be a blessing in disguise.

7. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Kinda early to say. Lin's absence, along the Asik trade and Parsons' absence is helping team chemistry. I am glad that Canaan is doing well, much better than I expected.

8. iJHolmes

iJHolmes Member

of course it was. so was bosh screwing us at the last minute. Because we would have jumped and overpaid for parsons and missed out on trevor

9. Andrew Wiggins

I know a lot here were eager to get rid of Lin due to whatever reasons, but at the time the general tone was it left us with a huge hole at the back up PG spot and it cost us a first round pick. That pick looks like it's gonna suck, and Canaan has really stepped up his game this season. I was optimistic about Terry (a proven 3 pt shooter), but I thought his age would be a huge problem and keep him off the court.

The Rockets also have a huge TE they can use before the trade deadline. Who knows.

10. Rox23

Rox23 Member

It's really WAY too early to tell. Also you have to put things into perspective. Should Howard or Harden get injured it would be good to have another playmaker. Also the past few seasons Harden has withered late in the season and in the postseason. And it which case, again, it's good to have that number 3 guy who can create his own shot and set up others. So far the answer would seem to be "yes" but it's just way too early to tell.

11. Andrew Wiggins

I doubt Canaan and Terry would be getting this many minutes with Lin and his salary and his following here. At the time it looked bad, but now it looks good.

We all know the whole Parsons situation was a huge blessing in disguise which led to Ariza and Papa.

12. hooroo

hooroo Member

It's not just Terry's ability to knock down threes but also the defense he plays alongside Harden that's improved the backcourt.

13. newAge_Rockets

It looks like Canaan is enrolled in the Beverley School of Defense, and it is paying dividends. It's awesome to see how big a leap he has made on the defensive end of the basketball court. Last year the game also looked to overwhelm him, this year he has been very good at picking his shots and playing within himself.

14. white lightning

white lightning Contributing Member

Not a disguise at all. Was a blessing from the start.

15. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

shoul've got more from him, instead of having to give up a pick just to trade him.

16. DudeWah

DudeWah Member

There was nothing disguised about it. It was something that needed to happen for multiple reasons. What is more shocking than the Rockets being a better team after dumping Lin and replacing him with players who are actually good role players is the fact that posters on here actually thought Lin was a decent player on the Rockets. That one still blows my mind.

I've read multiple times on here the Rockets will miss Jeremy Lin. Lol please. These are probably the same people who thought we would miss Rafer Alston. Addition by subtraction is very real.

17. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

A blessing in disguise? It was a blessing in plain view.

DO NOT WANT JEREMY LIN.

18. Baba Booey

Baba Booey Contributing Member

I didn't read the poll question correctly at first and voted no. I would absolutely trade Lin again. Hell, I'd trade him for a bag of potato chips. I wouldn't even be in favor of the Rockets signing him to a 10 day contract if he were a free agent right now.

In case you cannot tell, I am very happy with Lin being gone.

19. Raven

Raven Member

I don't know about that. Dumping Lin cost the Rockets a valuable first round pick. If Morey doesn't think Bosh is willing to sign, Lin is probably still here, and the Rockets would have two 2015 picks, not just one.

20. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

getting rid of lin was addition by subtraction the moment it happened