1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

TJ or DMo?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JH13, Oct 27, 2014.

?

Our starting PF for season 2014/2015

1. DMo

38 vote(s)
    34.5%
  2. TJ

72 vote(s)
    65.5%
  1. JH13

JH13 Member

What are your thoughts on who our starting PF should be?

In my opinion I would prefer TJ. I just love his hustle and ability to block shots. DMo isn't bad either, solid post game and good length. That being said, I'd really like to see Daryl Morey trade in a guy like Paul Millsap or even J-Smoove.

2. Voice of Aus

Voice of Aus Contributing Member

I feel like I have seen this thread before....

3. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

i choose dmo cuz he's less nba proven than tjones
    send jones to the dleague

4. shastarocket

shastarocket Contributing Member

"These are not the PFs you are looking for"

5. DrNuegebauer

DrNuegebauer Member

Serious thread or what????

6. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter. Start them off on equal minutes and let them fight for it. Neither of them has separated himself despite being offered a tremendous opportunity of being a 4th or 5th best player on a team with two superstars and a hole at PF.

I maintain hope that one of them will develop more, but my patience with these guys is wearing thin. I can't see any significant improvement from them in almost 2 years, and while that's partially on the organization, it's also on them to take this opportunity.

7. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

TJ much better, but we still need to upgrade from both of them.

8. KingStevo10

KingStevo10 Member

T-Jones only b/c I like the idea of him being the first big off the bench. Plus he's making a constant effort to post up DEEP in the paint.

9. don grahamleone

don grahamleone Contributing Member

TJ, but only because he has played better and better every single preseason game where as DMo has been up and down.

10. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

Motiejūnas seems improved this preseason but not enough to supplant Jones.

11. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Donuts has to backup Dwight at the 5 as well. I prefer him in that role because it gives us an offensive post presence in the second unit.

12. Dubious

Dubious Contributing Member

Start TJ and just play solid in support of HowHar, use Dmo for change of pace, O or D. Give Dmo some time at C to rest D12 with still some O in the paint, and, run run run him with the small team to wear down the opposing C.

They add up to be an OK 4, but we could still use a great one.

I still want Dmo to be a star, but this year needs to be the breakout.

13. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

Start TJ and play DMo - whomever is playing the best that night gets the majority minutes.

DD

14. jump shooter

jump shooter Contributing Member

Exactly

15. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Start TJ
    Bring DMo off the bench to play back up 4 and 5

Go with a rotation of Dwight / TJ/ DMo for majority of the minutes at 4 and 5 on most nights

Something like TJ 28 mins at PF
    DMo 16 Mins at PF and 8 mins at back up C
    Dwight 36 mins at Center
    And then fill in the rest with small ball or some scrubs like Dorsey

16. ElDobleK

ElDobleK Literally Zan Tabak

This right here -- I like the idea of Jones playing next to Howard, and DMo being the first big off the bench. DMo is most effective offensively in the post and is also bigger than Jones, so I feel more comfortable w/ him covering the 5 when Howard sits.

Down the stretch, I think the crunch time minutes go to whomever is playing better on a given night.

17. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

I think DMo is the better player at this point. Jones still has potential, but he looks lost and DMo seems to be getting it more and more.

However, I almost think Jones is better in the starting lineup. He doesn't have size, neither does anyone else on our bench. At least DMo is 7 feet. We might need DMo more off the bench than we need him in the starting lineup. Although I think DMo is a better defender than Jones and would prefer him in a matchup against a big PF. Jones gets pushed around too easily it seems. Also, his ability to block outside shots has gotten him in trouble. Guys know to pump fake and lean in. DMo has done a much better job of staying on his feet and not committing silly fouls.

Also, DMo's rebounding has improved, which is a necessity in the starting lineup.

18. AirBud#10

AirBud#10 Member

Neither is close to being good enough to be a starting PF in the NBA.

19. sgwjj

sgwjj Member

DMO裁了吧。。。。换二轮。。。

20. basketballholic

We've already seen the Terrence experiment and there's no reason we can't go back to him if both of these cats are still here for the regular season. Neither guys distinguished themselves once again this preseason. It's time to let DMo run with the starters and see how he looks getting real substantial minutes with them. That is...if there are no trades.

Like I said...we know what we got when Terrence is in there with the starters. At this point to start the season it's not going to make much of a difference. Rather than start Terrence, we might as well start DMo and see what happens for a few games.