1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

What is Terrence Jones' Value on the Market?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by val_modus, Oct 21, 2014.

1. val_modus

val_modus Member

Just a question for my fellow Clutchfans brethren: are you guys making this assertion about TJones being involved in almost every trade rumor because you feel the Rockets window is narrow and ever so quickly closing? Or because you don't think TJones still has room for growth, and by growth I mean in a big big way. The guy is 22, coming off what was essentially his rookie season playing with the big boys as the 5th option on a playoff team in the west, and still put up good numbers. He has all the physical tools, guard-like skills, and a lot of his deficiencies on the defensive end were attributed to horrid coaching and bad habits (again, attributed to the coaching staff not holding anyone accountable). If your position is the first one, then I can't disagree with you, but I truly believe we have something specials in Jones and I can't seem to understand why more posters don't acknowledge that. I'd be interested to hear from one of these "sources" what Terrence Jones value is on the market right now, because I'm sure there are other general managers who see the value of a 6'10 athletic forward with handles and a rather impressive "rookie campaign" while playing on a contending western conference team. Again, I'd be very interested to hear what CyberX or Plowman have to say about the stock TJones currently holds league wide, would you guys say its higher than what we had in Asik last year at the trade deadline, lower? Discuss.

2. benchmoochie

benchmoochie Contributing Member

thread title misleading.

3. val_modus

val_modus Member

Haha, I thought the same. I thought I'd get y'alls heart pumping a little bit more incase the Texans didn't do enough ;)

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Another insider.

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Have you been vouched for? PM me with details about your source so I can validate you.

6. Bäumer

Bäumer Contributing Member

Sources: Reading this thread feels like getting stomped on by Terrence Jones.

7. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

Asik has shown borderline to straight up elite defense. Jones hasn't shown to have an elite skill of any kind.

8. GanjaRocket

GanjaRocket Member

Wall of words tldr

9. CertifiedTroll

Break up your thoughts with the enter button. Too much text wall. That being said, I did read what you said. Instead of saying "Sources:" the thread title should be "What is TJones Market Value". Finally this topic has been discussed in other threads.

That being said, he could be worth a high first rounder depending on a teams need, but most teams that would want TJ are teams that value their draft picks.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He is the lone survivor out of Lamb/White/Jones group

11. Angkor Wat

Angkor Wat Member

weak move to get people interested in this thread.

12. Progs

Progs Member

not much value. Other GMs are more interested in Dmo than Tjones.