1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ric Bucher on why nobody wants to play for Rockets

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by FEAR THE BEARD, Jul 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. FEAR THE BEARD

http://ble.ac/1nRYYUZ

I personally am not bothered by the comments Harden and Howard made about being the cornerstones of the team.

2. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Why would those comments bother you? They are true... we are only going as far as they take us. And its not like Ariza doesn't know he is a role player, He isn't stupid!

3. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This is just getting crazy.

People are now accepting, as fact, that players didn't want to play with Houston because of comments Harden and Howard would make in the future.

This is revisionist history at its finest... led by a major media outlet.

Please end, offseason... people's small minds clearly need something to occupy them.

joeson332, DonKnock, Louka and 4 others like this.
  4. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

I guess Bucher forgot all about Dwight taking the Magic to the finals.

He also seemed to mis-remember Harden helping the Thunder get there for their only trip.

He also got the math wrong on how long this team has been together, but counting all the way to 1 has never been Buchers strong suit.

DonKnock, champstocome and Tfor3 like this.
  5. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I Lol'ed when he said "those guys never been leaders bf and they don't know what its like to lead a team yet. Howard led his team to the finals and was the leader. Harden made it to Conference finals.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

bucher is a hack that couldn't keep his job at ESPN and is now a glorified sideline reporter for the warriors.

7. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Doesn't matter if it's true. All that matters is that in any realistic prediction, some people on a 12 man roster are going to get offended by Harden's comments. FA's are going to look at it with concern unless they know Harden very well on a personal level.

We can agree that the comments are true or close to true. People can argue about whether or not it's ok to say.

But one thing that is indisputable is that it will cause harm to the morale of at least some of the team, while in no way improving the performance of other players or the stars themselves. A net negative, even if you disagree that it should be negative.

A mistake on Harden's part, and we should just move on and hope it doesn't linger.

1 person likes this.
  8. The Hunted

The Hunted Member

Chris Bosh wanted to play for the Rockets, but he decided in the end to go back to Toronto.

9. finsraider

finsraider Member

/Thread.

10. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I didn't know Bosh went to Toronto

11. AvgJoe

AvgJoe Contributing Member

There are things everyone knows it's true, but you just can't say it.

No one likes to be called an asset, a role player, even if they know it's true.

12. studogg

studogg Contributing Member

to those chiming in as though bucher's edict is gospel i pose a very simple question.

What player have we missed out on signing because of Dwight's/Jame's comments?

Name me one. The challenge here, is it has to be someone we actually tried to sign and that we were able to offer the same or similar money to.

13. sTeKcOr22

sTeKcOr22 Member

The media won't leave Howard alone until he wins a title it seems like.

Don't remember Harden going under much scrutiny until this season as well. It's not like his defense became bad overnight.

14. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

You're essentially saying that your idea is validated by the possibility that it could be true. Sheesh. I don't feel like the idea that players dislike Dwight and Harden has any merit whatsoever - only that it's such a juicy possibility that popular opinion wants it to be true.

15. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

I'm not even going to read the idiot's BS. Training camp can't start soon enough!

16. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

Man I'm tired of hearing about this. Hope we shut everyone up

17. Fantasma Negro

Ric Bucher has no credibility. I didn't even watch that crap and I know that whatever he said doesn't hold water

18. basketballholic

Well Buecher will get plenty of attention for writing this piece.....which is exactly what he wanted.

19. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

There is no one on this roster that has any right to feel upset about Hardens comments... you don't think Bev knows his role? you don't think T Jones knows his role? Is D-mo going to be offended that he isn't considered a cornerstone?

Morale will be fine... Harden and Dwight have to take on the responsibility of being the cornerstones, thats what they are paying them Max money for.

And Ariza knows Morey, he knows he is just an "asset" and he could easily be traded by the deadline but he also knows that he is in the perfect scenario to maximize his talents... if he wanted to be a cornerstone of a team he would have stayed in Washington.

1 person likes this.
  20. shawn786

shawn786 Member

This article is on bleacherreport

bleacherreport = Zero credibility

Zero credibility = Ric Bucher